• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots to Success

Looking good Westy. Love those little corydoras, great little fish and nice to see them in a good shoal :)
Staurogyne looks really healthy mate....I can't grow that for toffee and it looks like your already taking cuttings and replanting!
I'm sure following LD's advice you'll sort the scum.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Looking good Westy. Love those little corydoras, great little fish and nice to see them in a good shoal :) Staurogyne looks really healthy mate....I can't grow that for toffee and it looks like your already taking cuttings and replanting! I'm sure following LD's advice you'll sort the scum. Cheerio, Ady.

Thanks Ady, i've never had any issues growing staurogyne to be honest! Going to keep cutting and replanting. I have done the kitcken paper trick and its seemed to have cleared it for now so will see how it goes over the next few days.

Cheers

Thats a nice scape. The piece of wood is perfect for this tank. Too bad about your backing. If the tank was still moveable, what I did last time was to use some washing up liquid mixed with water, an old credit card to squeeze out all the bubbles, which is what I'm guessing you did. The only extra I did was to use a hairdryer to heat up and sorta mould the backing. I think that helps quite a bit. But the backing I used may be different, its used for acrylic signboards and it has a layer of glue so partially permanent.

Thats a nice scape. The piece of wood is perfect for this tank. Too bad about your backing. If the tank was still moveable, what I did last time was to use some washing up liquid mixed with water, an old credit card to squeeze out all the bubbles, which is what I'm guessing you did. The only extra I did was to use a hairdryer to heat up and sorta mould the backing. I think that helps quite a bit. But the backing I used may be different, its used for acrylic signboards and it has a layer of glue so partially permanent.

Thanks for the tip mate but I have tried all I can with this and now it's full it's nearly impossible. I will try a black background from card in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for the tip mate but I have tried all I can with this and now it's full it's nearly impossible. I will try a black background from card in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for stopping by.

Try a black vinyl mate. It sticks to the back and trims off nicely.

looks good mate... yo thought about covering the branch that stretches the furthest in some sort on moss? I know you had fissidens.. whats your plan with that?

looks good mate... yo thought about covering the branch that stretches the furthest in some sort on moss? I know you had fissidens.. whats your plan with that?

Yeh i have thought about that mate, i have a disc with Christmas Moss on it currently which i think ill try and get it to creep accross the wood.

Just a few iPhone shots from last night.

reduve7u.jpg

qu7e2u7a.jpg

7yzyby4u.jpg

Ah, I've heard of them but not seen one. Whats the verdict on the accuracy of these things?

No idea mate as I haven't tested it with any other kits but i used it when I rescaped with a substrate that leaches ammonia so I knew when to add livestock.

Couple of updated pictures. I am undecided about the glosso on the right hand side, what are your thoughts? The Stauregyne is growing really well and im cutting and replanting weekly, i think i may replace the glosso with Stauregyne on the right as it doesnt look good currently.

2013-01-28%2016.31.36.jpg

2013-01-28%2016.54.35.jpg

2013-01-28%2016.54.40.jpg

2013-01-28%2016.55.18.jpg

2013-01-28%2016.56.21.jpg

Looks great Westy, Stauro filling in nicely too and it looks as if the scum has gone. Happy days :)

Back