• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BOC Co2 cylinders

Martin Osmond

Hi does anyone know if they will fit a TMC regulator and what size are the cylinders compared to a 2kg fire extinguisher?

Boc cylinders will fit standard reg fittings, their smallest can is now the 6kg bottle (size B) which stands about 90cm tall so no chance to fit in most cabinets. Green king do a stumpy 6kg, as did boc, but they discontinued it.
I find a 6kg will run for the best part of a year though if there are no leaks.

I have a BOC CO2 cylinder, size VB pal. It it's in my cabinet perfectly. It is a 6kg one. The cylinder itself is 60cm tall.

Costs £6 a month rental and £11.38 a refill pal.

I've just got one. It's spot on :)

Thanks for the replies, not sure it will fit my cabinet once the reg is on top but will check when I get home. I was hoping it would be cheaper too as I didnt reaalise you had to pay a monthly fee. Works out to be £83 a year if 6 kg will last that long, roughly the same price as buying 3 2kg fire extinguishers. Shame I cant find anywhere local that will refill a fire extinguisher.

I get my co2 bottles from the local pub at £12 a time, I have 2 ,one in use and a spare in the garage in case there is a delay getting a refill' have a word with your friendly landlord

I can get my hands on one of these but don't really know what to get to connect it to my diffuser, do you have a recommendation for a cheap regulator that will fit?

Back