• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Found cool rock..

jack-rythm

After going to aquatics live I saw some great scapes with some great rock, I asked about the two rock types I liked and then went home to search..

I found these on eBay so just copied the photos so you could all see without having to go through links etc.. They are very wel priced considering dragon and mini landscape rock is about £40.00 for 20kg including postage and packaging, so these prices are pretty good too.

Im thinking about using one of these for my next project I have in my head for a cliff faced scape.. when I say cliff face you will be able to see why I chose the petrified fossil rock. Now I know unipac do this too.. but unfortunately I cant afford it at £3.50 which is what I have found online from a couple retailers.. But there maybe some other place possibly. Does anyone know if these would alter the water parameters like mini landscape rock does?

This morning I found both types here:

15KG PETRIFIED FOSSILISED WOOD ROCK - £32.95
8401748488_11b96d9f84.jpg
$(KGrHqR,!roE-Yzw6fBRBPs8OET9l!~~60_57Jack Dicker

20KG SILVER SCHIST ROCKS - £32.95
8401748362_24148af207.jpg
$(KGrHqZHJE8E-vgrh--tBPs8D76(mw~~60_57 by Jack Dicker, on Flickr

you have to be careful with that petrified wood, I have seen people go for the cheaper stuff only to find out the colour is not great and it crumbles to pieces!

you have to be careful with that petrified wood, I have seen people go for the cheaper stuff only to find out the colour is not great and it crumbles to pieces!

Thanks for the heads up paulo.. do you know if it effects the water? in the non crumbly dusty way lol

Thanks for the heads up paulo.. do you know if it effects the water? in the non crumbly dusty way lol
Not sure mate, never used it and I don't own any test kits or ever will lol :p

ok. Its a shame to put a dampener on that rock because its very nice... I wont rule it out completely but instead ask the seller some questions.. maybe speak to unipac to see what I should be looking out for..

I had some unipacs petriffied in no co2 shrimp nano with Ebi soil. It did not affect the TDS. Dont know about high tech tank but will find out very soon. Love this rock but it does look very different than on picture.

I had some unipacs petriffied in no co2 shrimp nano with Ebi soil. It did not affect the TDS. Dont know about high tech tank but will find out very soon. Love this rock but it does look very different than on picture.
A photo would be good your end so we can see the difference?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back