• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tiny nano tank ideas: walstad, high tech or others?

jimwalsh

Hi all

first up many thanks to all and sundry for the great advice i have had here so far,

although not the greatest scape my trigon is motoring along happily without algae and happy fish!
8409684182_262f651a44_b.jpg

I have managed to lay my hands on a 25 cm optiwhite cube (16l) and was seeking out advice about the best way to tackle a nano.

I have seen several exceptional nano scapes and was hoping to pick the brains of all and sundry.

I have some left over kit from my trigon messing:
  • enough bits to set up a co2 system.
  • a fluval 305
  • some glassware
  • half a bag of ada amazonia powder
  • a selection of plants that I could rob from the scape above...
should i try a high tech set up go for the walstad approach?

Hi Jim,
go high tech...more options, especially when you have it all there ready to go!
You can limit growth rates with lighting intensity so if your wanting less maintenance then you can run it that way.

It all depends on what you want from it really though, seems cost is no longer an issue as you have the kit in which case I'd go gas!....maybe your more interested in shrimp breeding than a scape in which case low tech may suit better.

Cheerio,
Ady.

+1 for hightech.

The 305 is gonna be craaazy strong! I love going over the top on flow but I think your going to have the flow turned down quite a bit to stop from uprooting everything.

Get a little 11w fluval clip on light or at most an 18w superfish clip on an your away!!

You can check out my bowl in my signature for my super mini Walstad build, supported srimp and when my tank was broken fish as well, so the Walstad tech seemed to work with no filtration very effectively.
I second that. I had a 30cm walstad jungle cube for about 6 months, successfully sold it and the new owner still has it running. Look at my jungle nano. They definitely work with jungle themes that for sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back