• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

smallest species of plant grown emmersed

I think something like HC has to take to the crown for that one. It's the smallest stem plant around. Getting the humidity right is key to getting the HC to spread emmersed though. I can't remember who it was and I have just had a look, but they had 1 pot of HC in a emmersed set up and it went mental. Was really cool.

Ok I've got some HC :) didn't realise just small it is.... Going to be fun trying to plant this with shaky hands
So it doesn't need a lid?

Have a look at my journal "coming out of the Closet" let me know what you think

Just could not plant HC in very small portions you would need to be bored stupid and have very steady hands :)
I assume you have taken all the Rockwool off the stems then? If not this is how u plant Cuba usually, by leaving a small square on the end from the pot and sinking it into the soil. if you have taken it all off don't worry just lay the Cuba on to the soil, gently push it into place and with enough humidity and light it will grip after time and spread. Don't expect this to happen immediately though as it won't :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You can opt for larger HC. Not sure what mine is but it has done amazingly well emersed and growing out of a layer of common moss scraped from paving around the back of the house :)

Check out my thread 'pics of my emersed stuff'
It went wild in the end and grew back into the tank water!

Hi all,
You can opt for larger HC. Not sure what mine is but it has done amazingly well emersed
I grew it successfully on the top of a HMF sponge, where it grew like a weed and distributed floating fragments all over the tank, much like Riccia. Never had any joy with it submerged, even in very shallow water. I also got a lot of Alder (Alnus glutinosa) seedlings grow as well, and it took me ages to find out what they were.

If you can read German there is loads about growing it on mattenfilters on the shrimp forums. Wrong plant, but you get the idea.
BILD1939.JPG

cheers Darrel

Back