• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini L Reskape the Tree

clone

Tank: ADA Mini-L
Light: 4x10w LED/2x15w Arcadia Grow Light DIY Unit
Filtration: DIY ADA Style Stainless Steel 600l/h Echeim powered external filter, "Tygon" laboratory tubing, Purigen reactor or liquid sand bed
CO2: DIY pressured canister, solenoid dual gouge reg, Inline diffuser
Hardskape: Dragon Stone/ Driftwood (Hornwood)
Substrate System: ADA Amazonia size graded, Power Sand Special/ Cosmetic Sand for the "Beach"
Ferts: Easylife kalium-potassium, Pro Fito

Flora and fauna:
Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba'
Eleocharis sp. 'mini'
Marsilea hirsuta or Hydrocotyle tripartita
Some mosses( Spiky, Cristmas) on the drift wood

RCS or Chilli Rasboras, OTOs not decided yet.

Some pics from the dry start only HC is planted for now. I think to plant the mosses and hairgrass as well. Not sure witch plants can handle the dry/flooded change. As long as I know HC get mostly the nutritients fron it is root system so will handle the dry start I suppose.

What do u guys think? Any opinion and criticism appriciated. Thanks.
SDC14891.JPG
SDC14892.JPG
SDC14893.JPG
SDC14896.JPG
SDC14899.JPG

There is a little update;) day 4
SDC14903.JPG
SDC14908.JPG
SDC14909.JPG
SDC14913.JPG

Filtration: DIY ADA Style Stainless Steel 600l/h Echeim powered external filter, "Tygon" laboratory tubing, Purigen reactor or liquid sand bed
That filter looks interesting, could you create a thread on how you made it?

A little update on day 7. I am thinking of background any suggestions, please. What do you think of car window tint 5% black, frosty or blue? Saw somewhere in the forum about light diffusing background, what is the idea?

Update end of week 2. I have some yellowing on the HC is that normal. Spray RO water morning and evenings only the cover is open during the nigt. Is it luck of macros or CO2, may be drying of the leaves during the night. Any sugestions? I stick a frosted glass film on the back....hopefullu will give some depth when filled up.:crazy:
SDC14929.JPG
SDC14930.JPG
SDC14933.JPG
SDC14935.JPG
SDC14936.JPG
SDC14937.JPG
SDC14938.JPG
SDC14939.JPG
SDC14942.JPG

Photos look really really nice mate, well done. I particularly like the birds eye view plan of the tank. Looks very nice. Plants all look nice and healthy too. Looking forward to the progress :)

Cheers! Jack :)

Update end of week 2. I have some yellowing on the HC is that normal. Spray RO water morning and evenings only the cover is open during the nigt. Is it luck of macros or CO2, may be drying of the leaves during the night. Any sugestions? I stick a frosted glass film on the back....hopefullu will give some depth when filled up.:crazy:
Tank is looking great, it has a very natural look about it with some nice contrasting plant textures.
No experience on dry start method, but I've read some do add a weak dose of ferts to their spray water, maybe worth a go. Don't think HC is a huge root feeder as some grow it as a creeper on hardscape, which could explain the yellowing even with the nutrient rich Amazonia substrate, it may need leaf feeding.
I doubt drying out will be an issue, it would be obvious, or lack of co2 even in the sealed tank. You say you spray morning and evening so the climate gets refreshed often enough I'd think.
If it were me I'd add some ferts to my spray water.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi, fellas
Please HELP my HC is yellowing I start injecting CO2 directly into the dry tank and spraying really weak RO water -ferts solution. Just the old leaves of the HC are yellow....I suggest it is because of adjustment to the dry start. U can see the new growth is heaty and green. Today accidently found in SELCO a cheap hang on suspention unit DIY just £17 for all....AWESOME!!! Some of my GEAR the Bad Ass filter and the vintage stand found on the street. Enjoy the photos and tell me what do u think about the HC is it adjustment to the DSM. Thanks;)
SDC14944.JPG
SDC14945.JPG
SDC14946.JPG
SDC14947.JPG
SDC14948.JPG
SDC14949.JPG
SDC14950.JPG

sdc14955s.jpg

sdc14951v.jpg

SDC14956.JPG

sdc14957.jpg

sdc14958p.jpg