• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID Please people :)

Might be, sorry was looking at that leaf bent over at the back, looks like the same plant?

First and second are different plants, the first being an Amazon Sword, the second being closely linked to Crypt Wendtii Green.

It's an amazon that needs some c02
Maybe it's an amazon sword and crypt. that is becoming lunch for that mahoosive sucking loach! Lol

Agreed though, top is an amazon sword (echinodorus sp.) and lower pi is a cryptocoryne sp.

Cheerio
Ady

Maybe it's an amazon sword and crypt. that is becoming lunch for that mahoosive sucking loach! Lol

Agreed though, top is an amazon sword (echinodorus sp.) and lower pi is a cryptocoryne sp.

Cheerio
Ady
Thanks mate, do you think those sucker fish could be damaging the plants? You think they would do that?

Cheers! Jack :)

Thanks mate, do you think those sucker fish could be damaging the plants? You think they would do that?

Cheers! Jack :)
Yeah I think they could, for food or fun.
Primarily an aufwuchs feeder but likes some vegetable matter and the holes and thinning of the sword plant look very much like a sucker mouth feeding pattern. The crypt below has holes that look less like melting from lack of co2 and more like punch wounds from a greedy mouth or damage in transit if the plant is new to the tank.
Cheerio
Ady

It may explain the holes in the crypt, but the sword looks like a sucker mouth.

Hi all,
Maybe it's an amazon sword and crypt. that is becoming lunch for that mahoosive sucking loach!
Definitely fish damage on the Echinodorus, I've never kept sucking Loaches, but that is exactly what Bristlenoses (Ancistrus) do. I'm not a CO2 user, but the plants do look a bit pale. This could be too much light, or not enough nitrogen (N).

cheers Darrel

Back