• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

newbee confessions

anttthony

Anyone got any stories of newbee fish tank fails ive got loads I recently realised I was using a co2 reactor upside down for about 2 months. Before I found this forum I have had a lot of things were I think what was I thinking. ive burried full pots of plants and just left them adding no nutrients co2 and light when I remembered, tried to mix gravel in the tank complained of redmore root floating hopefully iam getting the hang of it now
Ant

Very honest...a great post!

Indeed dislike.. al down to lack of knowledge Nath. But I can only make sure im thorough with future plans. It was a lesson learnt the hard way unfortunately..

All been there pal. Mine was slightly more costly, with 2 L018s at £30 each :(

I blocked my pond filter with a bag of carbon and flooded my neighbours garden..
hope she doesn't read this told her the liner split

ant

I attached all pipe work up to filter, as I was using eheim installation kits for pipe work I filled pipes up to aid priming. Walked away, plugged in and was somewhat surprised to find water gushing out of top of pressure side install kit a good 4 inches into the air and down back of tank. Took 30sec to find and screw on missing bit of kit still don't know why to this day I didn't just unplug :) duh!!!..... Better half still doesn't know but probably will when I finally move the tank......

Flooded the tank. In my excitement, forgot dry redmoor would float. It did. Taking many, many plants with it
See why I say dry starts are a waste :p hard luck!

My first ever aquarium had 100% non-aquatic plants in it - all house plants sold as aquarium plants in my local garden centre outlet.

I'm thankful in a way. Because it made me look into how to grow plants properly. Then I discovered Amano, Barr and co. That was only 10 years ago.

Left my Doaqua co2 diffuser on a speaker brand new out of the box....
It was sunny and a good summer song came on so I turned it up was having a little bop about...it vibrated of and it cracked when it hit the floor.

Tried to de rim a tank whilst I did a water change ....cracked it :(

Left my 60l full of brand new aqua soil on the kitchen floor before setting up ....cat mistook it for a litter box...laid a big mud inside.

:)

Back