• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank backgrounds

cheekycharly

Hey guys I'm thinking of ripping my Juwel 3D background out as it seems to be an algae attractor and proves to be uncleanable. Also thinking of removing the internal filter as its plain pants and just using my Eheim 2217 for filtration (will buy another for the other side if need be). Back to the question - what backgrounds do you guys use? Is it plain black? I have a Juwel Vision 260 tank.

Thanks,

Cheeky C

I'm using the "frosted" privacy film you can buy from B and Q. It gives a blurred out transparent effect to the background that never seems to draw the eye away from the scape, really understated effect and a cheap way of achieving a gucci look. (I found that using the static cling property that binds the material tight to the glass without any adhesive always caught an unsightly air bubble or two, so I switched it around and taped it at the corners - still has the same effect but without the air trapped air bubbles)

Black bin bag, stretched across the tank, and a polystyrene one that came with my fluval ebi, that I actually quite like, although it's still not got the long term seal of approval.

I also use this frosted glass film :) I got it on my triptych below.. with my blue and white lighting it really works well I must say, I would like to try black next time though.

Carbon fibre:) just joking plain old black too, hardly see it for plant's heaters pipes anyway.:)

Ive seen some tanks with that privacy film and coloured LED lighting behind to give sunrise effect. It was awesome. Im going to buy some for my big tank as I really hate looking at all the cables behind.

I only really use Matt black, Ocean blue or TGM Light Diffusing Aquarium Backing which you can add all sorts of cool effects with led lights behind your tank.

Ive read about using the LED's for this and seen the results on some pictures. Looks fabulous. Do you have LED's for this purpose ? Wondered if you could tell me what ones you use or if you have a link to them ? There seem so many on ebay that its hard to know whats good and whats rubbish.

Back