• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Edge 23 litre

martinmjr62

Hi all, as well as the Rio180 journal I've got running at the moment, I've started a new project over Xmas, an Edge 23l.
Got it really cheap off a Facebook selling site, £15. The people had it in the kids bedroom, cold water 2 goldfish.
It was filthy when I got it but I fancied a little challenge to go in the kitchen.
Cleaned it thoroughly renewed the filter media and upgraded the light unit to a 48 led one ( meant for the Edge 46l but fits straight on, son got it for me for Xmas)
Media is Manado which I had left over from the Rio 180 set up
Went to MA in Wembley over Xmas and got a Fluvall heater some Pagoda stone and some Anubis nana bonsai and some Echinodorus Radicans which looked nice but now realise that they are gonna get too big. At the moment just adding easy carbo and going to start EI dosing this weekend. Literally just won a CO2 set up on eBay so I might go that route not sure yet. Went to ADC on the way home yesterday and got a nice bunch of Java moss for £3.50. Added that to the rocks last night with fishing line. Looking to add a shoal of Celestial danios, possibly some Rilli's.Some pictures of the set up stages so far ( looks really nice at night)

ahy3e8ar.jpg
perujydu.jpg
uquge2e2.jpg

a2u7y7et.jpg
pu6ymajy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice tanks arent they mate im running two at the moment threads in my signature celestial pearl danios IMO hunt shrimplets i kept a few with some bee shrimp and even though bees were berried never a baby to be seen :( i have found boraras species to be more shrimp friendly :thumbup: you can always move the swords to the rio mate just beware the edge can be run high tech but it is a serious PITA to maintain keep the updates coming mate i really like these tanks

Very nice looking tank - those Fluval Edge ones< to my opinion, look very nice but not practical for fish and plant keeping long term. You managed to get it just right. (How did you go with planting with such a small opening?!). Echinodorus Radicans will get too big for the tank, indeed, so looking forward to your decisions of other plants (twisted vallis perhaps?). I keep Celestial Danios with shrimps - I did not notice they were particularly bad with shrimps. I like (and keep) borarar, too. I think it is much of of the personal preference... Keep us posted as you may inspire me to get an Edge (that will be the 7th tank in the household! :) ).

cheers all ,yes i know echinodorus is wrong, didnt even look at the label in MA when i got it ,Mrs just pointed it out and said she liked it,it was getting late and we were rushing around.Like you said Tim i can always move them to the rio. will keep you all posted with updates
Cheers
Martin

Just got back from my local P@H with 3 pots of narrow leaf java for the edge. Will be adding this and removing the Echonodorus over the weekend. Got myself a 3KG CO2 set up off eBay last night but not sure whether to go this route or keep it low tech. Will post up some pictures once I've done the planting

Cheers
Martin

Right, just done a replant with the narrow leaf java and removed the Echinodorus which I've made room for in the Rio. What are your thoughts

yjepeqe9.jpg
ujunegep.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Cheers , I prefer this layout too. Must stop fiddling and leave it be ;)

Evening all just adding a few updated pics of the edge. Still no fauna yet. Doing a 50% WC each week and adding Profito and EC. Not looking bad at all. 5 weeks in
uny7asuz.jpg
6e2u8ejy.jpg
utygejyq.jpg
y8yqytu7.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Cheers Ravenswing. Gonna be adding some fauna over the weekend. It will then make it even more interesting.

Cheers
Martin

Reactions: tim
Thanks Tourney. I will post some more pics at the weekend if/ when I get some fish in there

Cheers
Martin

Evening all just adding a few updated pics of the edge. Still no fauna yet. Doing a 50% WC each week and adding Profito and EC. Not looking bad at all. 5 weeks in
uny7asuz.jpg
6e2u8ejy.jpg
utygejyq.jpg
y8yqytu7.jpg

Cheers
Martin

That's looking great, makes really good use of the limited space.
Very jealous.

Cheers Gramski, they are quite cute little tanks. I love the dinky size of it. It is a pain getting all the stuff in there but hopefully the plants won't need to much attention. Weekly water change only takes 10 mins, simples. Hopefully getting some livestock this weekend, galaxy rasboras are my fave but finding them is a problem, we'll see what we can find. Glad you like it

Cheers
Martin

Evening all pics of the new additions
Cheery shrimp, Rilli from the other tank , amano from the other tank , rummy nose tetra, celestial danio, neon tetra and 3 line pencil fish
ny8e8a8u.jpg
6y4yvugu.jpg
e8egabeq.jpg
a8epahe7.jpg
7enatupe.jpg

Hi Jack, 2 rummy nose,2 neon tetra,5 celestial danio, 1 otto, 5 three line pencils plus 10 shrimp
Is this too much then ??
They seem to have enough room

Cheers
Martin

Back