• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hunters Realm

Not going to be taking any pix as yet, as still messy and waiting on things to arrive.

Made a Shrimp Filter Guard this morning. Used a left over peice of Divider I had bought from A5 aquatics years ago.
Cut it up into small rectangular peices that would fit inside the Inlet Strainer. Placed 4 peices all interlaced. And thus becoming a shrimp guard.

Removed the Hydor powerheads, Although movement in the hairgrass they created was good. The flow would be too much for the fish I have selected.
Not telling which fish they are, going to be a surprise. Lets just say they are all very light bioload.

The LED Light Box arrived this afternoon, cheeky postie just left it in the porch.
Unpacked it and turned it on, and really like it. Looks very nice and gives out alot of light, something different for the tank. Will install it when I am ready to add the planted baskets, as have not ordered the plants yet. Going to see what is in the sale at the local garden centre during the week. as will prob just use the plants from the 99p plug plants. And the sale table, usually has some good stugg on it.

Some more of the lighting has arrived and will install later today, As going to pick up the fish I had on order later today.

Been a busy afternoon, had to wait till now to open the box of fish. As Little one saw the box and wanted to open it there and then. managed to convince him it was not a fish box. Now he is fast asleep I can relax and Acclimate them all using the drip in a Bucket, Had only 2 DOA, which is very good.
A few errors with the Quantities, so will be selling the excess numbers shortly once they have settled in. I don't think I will need 400 Micro Rasboras, or 100 Pairs of Wild endlers.
My Predatory Livebearers are all looking well, and a few of the females are gravid :). Endler Males are trying to mate with them in the bucket. - randy little things.
Not a Single DOA with the Hunters (Still not going to tell) so that was a huge relief. Even though the bag had leaked and there was not much water in it.

Very Impressed with the LED Light Bar, that I ordered from ebay. For its size, the amount of light it gives out is great and not tooo bright, the way I like it.
Most of the Shrimp look to be female as there are loads with saddles.

I know, Only ordered a fraction of that amount, only when i got to open the box did i realise how many had been packed. Have added extra filtration to cope for now. Already have an offer on the excess, so should help with it.

I know, Only ordered a fraction of that amount, only when i got to open the box did i realise how many had been packed. Have added extra filtration to cope for now. Already have an offer on the excess, so should help with it.

Which micro rasbora are you referring to ?

Been sitting infront of the tank, and been watching the micro crabs. They are some really small ones and quite alot of adults, the adults I have been watching intently. As they were in a small ball of activity, discovered that they were on a Cory corpse. Never known Micro crabs to actively pick a corpse apart, so was interesting to watch.

Also standard cherry shrimp I ordered are all Sakuras, so that is a nice surprise for me, although have lost a few as they were starting to molt in the bag.
Overall very happy with the fish apart from the mix up with the quantities.
Fed the Hunters with BBS that had hatched yesterday, and have another batch ready to go. Also got a teaming jar of Daphnia Monia for them to eat. As always i will be feeding the live food with spirulina.

No worries.
I buy spirulina powder and pellets(very small). I add a pinch of Spirulina powder every other day. And then swirl it in the water with a pipette. If using the pellets, just add 6 or so to the jar, bowl that they are in. You can see when they have absorbed it as they go dark green.

Had a Tidy up last night, and fitted the LED Bar properly and made an Air Curtain ( I always have them in the tank). Very pleased with the Air Curtain I made and the dispersal of the air thru the curtain.
Tank looks alot cleaner without excess wires for the lighting (T8) and lower energy consumption with the LED's.
Still not made a start on the basket's though, as not been to look at plants.

The Shrimp Gaurd Pre-filter is working very well, cleaned it out last night. Was a little tricky to stop the Inlet sucking in Fish, so pushed in a spare peice of foam to cover the inlet, while cleaning out the strainer and gaurd. Still managed to suck up a rasbora, but not much of a loss. was not going to take the filter apart for 1 tiny fish.

Might take some pix tonight of the inhabitants.

I think you should take your filter apart for one tiny fish! :)

Back