• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Simply stunning tank and well worth the money,If I ever had the budget for a tank like that. Would buy one in a heartbeat.

Hi mate,

Now that's what I call a rapid workflow!

In the time it's taken me to figure out how to set the plug-in-timer for my heating mat, you've bought an entire new set-up, aquascaped it and photographed it. lol

Glad you're happy with the quality of the Signature tank and cabinet. It's a shame about the (lack of) half-moon, but hopefully it's something TMC will address. You're always welcome to borrow my jigsaw.

The single 1500 Ultima tile looks great and the spread seems ideal. Is it losing much intensity in the corners of the aquarium?

Have you considered the white TMC MountaRay brackets? I think it would go better with the cabinet, but not sure about the rest of your interior. Aquajardin stock them I think, as an exclusive to go with their own branded PureAqua gloss white cabinets.

I'd probably run your lighting at 50% or so for the first couple of weeks, then gradually ramp it up 5% per week, or 1% per day. That's one of the advantages to the Power Controllers... ;)

The 'scape looks great. A classic NA-style, which is certainly a good thing in my book. :)

Watching...

wow guys, thanks for the replies! Still very impressed with this tank.

@ Whitey and George, thanks for the advice regarding the lighting strength, i have accidentally left the light on full 100% today as i have been at work. I have just got in and the thing is pearling like mad...who says they can't get pearling under leds! lol, i will take the lighting down a smidge tomorrow. The light is perfect for the tank size, very minimal spill and reaches the corners easily.

Regarding the brackets, i'm afraid the Mrs won't let me get the mountrays...i'm working on it though. TBH the brackets don't look to bad in real life. you get a good view of the top.

thank you again everyone for the comments, here's a couple of pics of the water, now clear.

8435504625_7e00328e44_z.jpg
side shot NA by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

8436590966_3242700df7_z.jpg
fts NA by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

It's the 1500, it's got a really nice colour rendition to it. It looks a little different to the grobeams, even though they are both rated the same kelvins.

It's the 1500, it's got a really nice colour rendition to it. It looks a little different to the grobeams, even though they are both rated the same kelvins.

Nice, does it require a different controller to your two 600s?

If not Im fancying selling both of my 1000Nd's plus one controller in favour of this.

Nice, does it require a different controller to your two 600s?

If not Im fancying selling both of my grobeams plus one controller in favour of this.

No, it uses the same controller, so, it was really just plug and play.

Looks great Ian, another great scape in the making for sure true NA style. The 1500 tile looks super bright..... would love to swap my Arcadia OT2 luminaire out for some of those, but being a 90cm that could get expensive. Anyway lovely new tank, cabinet and scape.... will be watching this journal all the way!

Oh my word, this tank looks fabulous. Everything is so clean looking and theres no rim breaking the view. One thing though, dont these open top tanks chuck out a lot of evaporation ? I worry about dampness and condensation. Or is it not an issue ? Or do you pros just put up with it, LOL.

Great Ian. The best layout on the forum to date.

I knew this would happen... From watching your progression as a scaper, it kind of goes without saying; this was always destined to be amazing!

Looks great Ian, another great scape in the making for sure true NA style. The 1500 tile looks super bright..... would love to swap my Arcadia OT2 luminaire out for some of those, but being a 90cm that could get expensive. Anyway lovely new tank, cabinet and scape.... will be watching this journal all the way!

Thanks Ben, much appreciated, as I keep saying, I'm so happy with the setup (tank, cabinet and light). I reckon you'd easily get away with 2 for a 90, no probs.

Oh my word, this tank looks fabulous. Everything is so clean looking and theres no rim breaking the view. One thing though, dont these open top tanks chuck out a lot of evaporation ? I worry about dampness and condensation. Or is it not an issue ? Or do you pros just put up with it, LOL.

Hi Jason, thank you for the comment, as for evap, ime, it depends on how warm the water is and how warm you room stays. My living room tends to stay quite warm, and the temp it set at 24 at the moment, so no evap at the min. In my old tank I kept rams and they like water water, so the temp was set at 27, I did get some evap from there. But there isn't any damp in the room.

Great Ian. The best layout on the forum to date.

I knew this would happen... From watching your progression as a scaper, it kind of goes without saying; this was always destined to be amazing!

Wow, thank you mark, what a nice comment. Tbh it's helped along the way having friends like yourself, we've shared ways to do things and tips and tricks. In all honesty seeing your scapes in real life have always given me real inspiration. So thank you for that.

I can't wait for this to fill in. You have achieved something amazing Ian. Again. I can only hope to be as good as you in the future man. Your speed was outstanding lol it appeared from nowhere too! Do you have an aquascapers magic wand hidden in your pillow case? One issue Mate, sorry to go negative after such a positive start.. I speak for others on this... MORE PHOTOS

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wow mate this looks fantastic already especially given how quick you've set it up. Can't wait to see this get even better and clearly shows us all how talented you have become with each of your scapes.
The tank itself looks really nice and if the lighting wasn't seen then I'd actually be given the impressio that this was a bigger tank.
Well done mate

Back