• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please

Martin Osmond

Hello all, im after a bit of advice please. Ive got a juwel rio 125 and have been slowly getting everything together for my first attempt at a high tech tank. Im not ready for hard scape or plants yet but have pretty much everything else.

I was planning on setting up my filter and fe co2 to make sure everything works and try to get a stable level of co2 before I spend loads of money on the plants, as the reg and atomizer are second hand and there is alot of conflicting opinions on whether the tmc reg has enough working pressure for the inline atomizer to work.

The filter is a jbl cristalprofi e1501, tmc regulator and up inline atomizer.

Firstly, I take it the atomizer goes on the same pipe as the spray bar and the inline heater ( not purchased yet) on the other?

Will not having a heater and having no lights on make any difference?

Is it worth having 2 drop checkers at either end of the tank?

Can I set up the filter without the media for this purpose?

Is there actually any point in me doing this or is it a silly idea?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Firstly, I take it the atomizer goes on the same pipe as the spray bar and the inline heater ( not purchased yet) on the other?
Correct goes in the return pipe!

Will not having a heater and having no lights on make any difference?
Nope!

Is it worth having 2 drop checkers at either end of the tank?
For best results yes!

Can I set up the filter without the media for this purpose?
Yes you can!

Is there actually any point in me doing this or is it a silly idea?
doesn't hurt, all you will be doing is wasting some CO2, also flow will be reduced once you put the inline heater and filter media, you will need to run it for a few days to get the hand of it and reaction in the drop checkers, they are around 3 hours behind so you need to adjust slowly the CO2 till you get the desired colour in the drop checkers

Hi there, from reading what you are asking it seems that it would be worthwhile to test the equipment but not for the purpose of getting a stable level of CO2. One thing I found is that as you add more plants the CO2 bubbles dont get distributed as well and you have to change the level accordingly. So finding a stable level in a bare tank would probably be a waste of time to be honest. I like the idea of two drop checkers though. I had not thought of that.

Thanks for the quick responses.

@Jason, appreciate what you are saying but what I mean by a stable level is that I just want to be sure that the equipment I have bought is capable of keeping a drop checker lime green with the right amount co2. I understand that jt will be different as soon as I add plants and hard scape but at least I will know that the equipment is up to the job, and then i can tackle any problems I have with flow later. i have read so many newbies like myself struggling with co2 in the beginning so just want to make sure I get it right before I buy the plants. Appreciate your help.

Hi Martin agree with your recent reply better to know the kit you have functions.That way your ready to go without any demons.Flow issues can be looked at when you decide on your hardscape and planting layout.Flow also depends on output and what you are using where good luck mate!Cheers mark

Back