• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lighting

jonboy8465

Seedling
Are Aqua one lights ok for a planted tank? can they be upgraded for ones that are? thanks for your help.

Hi,
Any light can be used for planted tanks. The question is: Does the color rendition look good to you?

Cheers,

Hi thanks for your reply. I thought it had to be a special bulb with the right colour spectrum for feeding the plants. so are the bulbs sold for plants the ones the manufacturers think are the best colours?

jonboy8465 said:
Hi thanks for your reply. I thought it had to be a special bulb with the right colour spectrum for feeding the plants. so are the bulbs sold for plants the ones the manufacturers think are the best colours?

colour temperature makes no difference to the plants whatsoever.. its purely down to your own personal preference. :) dont beleive the hype that all the manufacturers ram down our throats. We've tried and tested.

Thanks for your replys. just 1 more question the bulbs I have are 11w can i change these for something bigger or is the controller only able to control 11w?

Normally, the output of the ballast should match the bulb rating, however higher rated ballasts can drive lower rated bulbs. The reverse typically isn't possible. If you want to increase the light and use higher rated bulbs though you should use a higher rated ballast.

Cheers,

Thats what I was expecting just thought i would check. many thanks for your help.

Back