• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aquanano 40 and cabinet build - finally berried CRS and baby CBS!

Quick update.
Ebi soil finally arrived this am so some point this week / this weekend I'll be re-scaping with the ebi soil.

Positioning will be roughly the same I think. Might pull some of the flame moss off as its died, must admit to being rather unhappy with what I bought. Didn't think there was anything special that needed to be done care wise.

Will take pictures of the process this time. Thinking of using gravel in some tights to help build the corner up this time should make replacement of soil easier in future.

Roll on the weekend......

9ejymeza.jpg

erytumer.jpg

y7apesy5.jpg

ara6ugyr.jpg

Ebi gold shrimp soil in and settled. Plants repositioned slightly in tank and on wood. flame moss attached to wood.

Some of the shrimp I can find from the garage tank being dripped in right now with airline.

Hello just joined (great forum btw!) because I've bought one of these tanks and I'd also like to add a spray bar but I'm having difficulty finding the 90 degree connector.

If you don't mind could you tell me where you got the connector(s) from and also the spray bar itself, it looks ideal, like it came like that from the factory!

Thanks

Jon

Just noticed you said home in London,may be well of track here but if you are local enough to collect and want it I can make you up 25L of RO every couple of weeks when I do mine if you want it, guessing you are changing about 10-15L at a time? TDS about 14, I do not use a DI to get 0TDS as want it at 10-20 TDS.

Hello just joined (great forum btw!) because I've bought one of these tanks and I'd also like to add a spray bar but I'm having difficulty finding the 90 degree connector.

If you don't mind could you tell me where you got the connector(s) from and also the spray bar itself, it looks ideal, like it came like that from the factory!

Thanks

Jon
Jon, apols didn't get a note to say you had replied. The connectors and spray bar are off a all pond solutions 800l per hour internal filter....

Just noticed you said home in London,may be well of track here but if you are local enough to collect and want it I can make you up 25L of RO every couple of weeks when I do mine if you want it, guessing you are changing about 10-15L at a time? TDS about 14, I do not use a DI to get 0TDS as want it at 10-20 TDS.

Hi Danny am in north Manchester, my only visits to London are with work.....thanks for the offer though :)

So tank is moving on slightly. Water parameters settling down.

Tds moving from 130 to 170 ish. Ph buffered to around 6.4-6.8. Gh around 5 or 6.

Picked up few tips from ady34 so am doing more regular smaller water changes. Filter floss in filter and more regular cleaning of filter media has resulted in cleaner water and consequently berried shrimp CBS only at the moment. Have feeling crs are all male. Could do with finding some lady crs :)

Tropica 1-2 grow flame moss has been outstanding. Pics to follow.

Using 1ml of easy carbo per week along with 1ml of tnc complete no issues but no extensive growth either.

Eheim Air stone added today to help with reproduction. Also increased height of spray bar to try and combat an oily film on water surface.

Could do with some advice on possible additional plants want to add some mosses such as fissidens (how expensive!!!) and possible weeping but also some other nano plants any ideas appreciated.

a7azeta9.jpg

6esuvu3y.jpg

9a5upyze.jpg

Hi mate, looking good!
I found the flame moss to be great also, I'd suggest periodically giving it a good trim though as mine eventually browned at the base and came loose.....trimming I'm sure would have prevented this.
Did you list your dosing correctly....or is it 1ml per day rather than week of liquid carbon and ferts?.....I'm guessing per day given your rise in TDS.
Plants are definitely a personal choice, but eleocharis sp. mini always looks good in scapes such as this. Others maybe riccia, crypt parvula, or even a moss carpet? I'm currently trying lobelia cardinalis mini in my aquanano, ill let you know how this fares.
Cheerio for now,
Ady.

Hi mate, looking good!
I found the flame moss to be great also, I'd suggest periodically giving it a good trim though as mine eventually browned at the base and came loose.....trimming I'm sure would have prevented this.
Did you list your dosing correctly....or is it 1ml per day rather than week of liquid carbon and ferts?.....I'm guessing per day given your rise in TDS.
Plants are definitely a personal choice, but eleocharis sp. mini always looks good in scapes such as this. Others maybe riccia, crypt parvula, or even a moss carpet? I'm currently trying lobelia cardinalis mini in my aquanano, ill let you know how this fares.
Cheerio for now,
Ady.
Nope 1ml per week of easy carbo and Tnc....I'm just not around regularly enough to commit to a daily routine. :)
I gave the flame a trim this afternoon and the mesh on the floor has some of the trimmings.
How do you do the moss carpets? Mesh?
I've done riccia in the past but want it kept out of this tank as its a mare to get rid of if you want too. Will have a look at the other plants thanks.

Hi Nduli have grown staurogyne repens very well in my 20l nano lit with 11w lamp but was dosing daily 0.5ml of LC i think it would suffer without,was also dosing E.I 1.5ml daily.In the tank was also eleocharis asicularis which grow super well and stayed very short 6cm aprox high so more like parvula.When i put in a dennerle co2 system everthing in the tank grew faster and looked better.I think mate at least try and dose LC on a regular daily basis and you give yourself more plant options that might mean going a bit more up the high tech road.Alternanthera would need carbon i would think and probably Co2 to flourish.Hope that gives you a few ideas mate.Cheers mark

nice i have the nano 30 and im thinking of selling my 180 and getting 2 more of the nano 30s i love them

Looking really nice nduli, love the piece of wood. Just out of interest as I'm after something similar for a 40 litre, where did you source it from and how much was it?

2 pieces of wood. 1 was swamp root from a local fish shop which needed slate screwing to the back of it to hold it down and the other was from aquahome in leyland, they usually have interesting bits in.

Hi Nduli have grown staurogyne repens very well in my 20l nano lit with 11w lamp but was dosing daily 0.5ml of LC i think it would suffer without,was also dosing E.I 1.5ml daily.In the tank was also eleocharis asicularis which grow super well and stayed very short 6cm aprox high so more like parvula.When i put in a dennerle co2 system everthing in the tank grew faster and looked better.I think mate at least try and dose LC on a regular daily basis and you give yourself more plant options that might mean going a bit more up the high tech road.Alternanthera would need carbon i would think and probably Co2 to flourish.Hope that gives you a few ideas mate.Cheers mark
Cheers mark, had been considering trying more LC overnight. Thanks for the other suggestions....

Are you lights on over night? If not it's a complete waste of effort, money and time to dose LC over night, just have it on a consistent regime throughout the days when your lights are on. Plants do not feed when light are out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back