• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James' 110L 65x43x45 High Tech Setup

hensintheshed

Hello and welcome to my journal.

This is my new aquarium setup. It is a Natural Aquario 65 X 43 X 45 with cabinet, beautifully shipped across from Portugal.

IMAG0183_zps674177ce.jpg

IMAG0181_zpse44d03c4.jpg

IMAG0184_zps73ae26d8.jpg

The service was fantastic and from order placement it took 7 days for delivery which I thought was amazing!

IMAG0186_zpsf1186746.jpg

The setup is to include:
65 x 43 x 45 tank.
60cm Luminaire with 2x T5 HO (Osram 840 + 10k stock bulb)
Hydor external heater (thanks to rolexbene who kindly swapped with my 12mm version)
APS 1000lph external filter with UV
2kg FE CO2 system to a Boyu inline diffuser
Tetra Plant Complete Substrate + Natural Aquario Top Soil x2
Mini Landscape Rock from LFS

IMAG0193_zps880cf5b5.jpg

IMAG0194_zpsdb6c3c00.jpg

It has been about 2 years since my last aquarium and I have deliberately not rushed into it as want to get it right this time!

Next job is to play with my hardscape until I am happy and wait for my emersed plants to grow.

Comments and suggestions always appreciated. Thanks James

Hi James,

Set-up looks really nice, interesting to see you went with NA's aqua soil. I was tempted to try this stuff when I ordered my tank, I hope 10 litres of substrate is enough :nailbiting: .
Looking forward to seeing the hardscape stage.

Best of luck.
Dan

Set-up looks really nice, interesting to see you went with NA's aqua soil. I was tempted to try this stuff when I ordered my tank, I hope 10 litres of substrate is enough . Looking forward to seeing the hardscape stage.
Thanks Dan, I do have a large tub of Tetraplant substrate to go underneath the aqua soil so fingers crossed will be enough!

What an exciting delivery ! Im subscribing to this one for sure. Do you have a link for their website ? I will google it anyway but thought it would be useful o have the link on here for others anyway. (and in case I cant find it haha)

Also worth mentioning that our sponsors Freshwater Shrimp are the UK distributor, so contact them via the forum for best prices

Wicked. should make transport cheaper hopefully. Did not realise there was an outlet for them here. Just saw "portugal" :) Thanks for the heads up.

Looking good James, very interested in seeing the quality of the na tank and cabinet, it looks great. Will be watching how this goes.

I am really struggling finding a layout I am happy with. This is my best attempt so far:

DSC09310_zps2db1087b.jpg

I do have a lot of rock and more substrate to play with so think I will keep playing with it until im really happy. Im really torn between iwagumi and a more natural style!!

LD is right. If you intend planting at the front I would add another 3/4" and whatever you have at the front, double it at the back. It makes a better slope and will create the illusion of depth in your tank. Do you have any bigger bits of the stone ? I really like the placement of the rocks on the right but would like to see a more dominant rock on the left. Or maybe bring the smaller rocks forward and turn the larger one round slightly to create an opposing accent to the larger one on the right and also move it left so that it is not the "rightmost" rock of the left hand section. :) (Just my thoughts. But even so its looking good).

Thanks guys, all taken on board and have ordered 10L of Nutribase to go under my NA topsoil. I was going to use tetra plant, but have returned it and ordered the Nutribase from Aqua Essentials!

Back