• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP PRO-Z 30CM 10X LED HANGING PLANT LIGHT - PAR

tyrophagus

Just for information I have this light on a 30cm cube doing a dry start. Tested PAR levels today without water and measures 45 - 50 at substrate level. I'll update this post when its filled with water and I've tested PAR again.

Bought from this site. UP PRO-Z 30cm 10x LED Hanging Plant Light

Good service and nice site. The light comes with a power pack that has a foreign plug. Easy enough to find an adaptor but its not actually legal to supply electrical goods with the wrong plug unless its supplied with a conversion plug that wraps around the foreign plug and can't be removed without using a tool.

The vendor is aware.

[Edit 29/01/2013 - Andy at Tankscape has contacted me to offer a completely new power pack which complies with UK requirements. As I said above good service and he obviously cares about his customers and business.]

Just for information I have this light on a 30cm cube doing a dry start. Tested PAR levels today without water and measures 45 - 50 at substrate level. I'll update this post when its filled with water and I've tested PAR again.

Bought from this site. UP PRO-Z 30cm 10x LED Hanging Plant Light

Good service and nice site. The light comes with a power pack that has a foreign plug. Easy enough to find an adaptor but its not actually legal to supply electrical goods with the wrong plug unless its supplied with a conversion plug that wraps around the foreign plug and can't be removed without using a tool.

The vendor is aware.

Nice one mate.
Where did you get your metre from?
Is that decent par then? I'm unaware as what is regarded as 'high par' :(

Didn't know that about the foreign socket dealio, makes sense I guess.

Nice one mate.
Where did you get your metre from?
Is that decent par then? I'm unaware as what is regarded as 'high par' :(

Didn't know that about the foreign socket dealio, makes sense I guess.

That's a good par rating from LED for sure

We need a ukaps par meter!! You pay a deposit and get it back when the meter is retuned to an admin!!

Only reason I mentioned a 400d is I guess it would be the 'proper' led light to use over a 30cm cube

A certain post count or amount of time you've been here would mean u qualify to borrow it. You pay postage each way and a decent deposit :/ could work ....maybe haha

Andy at Tankscape has contacted me to offer a completely new power pack which complies with UK requirements. That will make me feel a bit safer having the unit plugged in and running permanently.

This is cool.. Would really like to see the wet par reading as suggested.. This is the only thing that is holding me back now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks really smart too, wounded how much difference the water makes in the reading.

Surely there must be a equations for working Par from lumens.

Back