• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
White mountrays! I thought you was joking in you last post...are you joking? I haven't seen them anywhere.
No mate - I wasn't joking. My understanding was that TMC produced a batch of white units for Aquajardin, to go with their pureaqua cabinets. Speak with Ed Franklin from Aquajardin, or post in their UKAPS sub-forum.

I set up a quick aquascape for them using white units -

pure aqua, still AJ :p

Sorry mate, I thought you were referring to their tank that looks like a Fluval Ebi. That comes with white bracket with LEDs, think it's superfish or something ?

Thank you hydrophyte, the HC is starting to send out runners, so alls good.

Looking stunning! I love the gush DC, that's insanely cool! Where and what is the gravel from?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks jack!

The sand is unipac tana sand, it's been in my shed for a year or so. I bought it for the old tank, but went with soil. Tbh, I feel a nervous not using aqua soil. I suppose we all get a little nervous when using a set up for the first time, due to the lighting, c02 and distribution layout. We'll soon see if it was the aqua soils doing all the hard work!

Hi Ian

Looks like it is coming along a treat! :)

The white brackets look great. I take full credit for this, by the way! lol

Regarding the aquascape; what is the plan with the HC?

Will you let it cover the entire foreground or leave some open sand? It's refreshing to see so much open space at the front of an aquascape - I like that you are taking advantage of the aquarium's generous front to rear depth.

What's your water change and general maintenance schedule, please?

What's your CO2 rig? :)

Thank you for the comments George.

Ill give you full credit for the white brackets, I didn't even know they existed, so cheers for that.

The plan with the HC, is to keep an open sanded area at the front, so trim the HC regularly. I haven't worked with an aquarium with a depth like this before, so i find it great to give a nice open space at the front.

At the moment, we are changing about 30% of the water a day. I'm using 100% ro at present with a cut of tap water every third day. I'm measuring tds, to ensure there is a stable level. This seems to be working so far. I have used this in my last couple of scapes. It's getting 6 pumps od tpn+ daily, with extra iron and some humic acid in the way of NA power.

I'm using good old jbl bottles running at 3 bps at the moment. Running through a atomiser in the inlet.

Thanks Alastair! Will get a full cabinet shot today to show off these new brackets properly.

It's amazing Ian seeing shots like the last ones you posted.
This is a great aquascape with a great sense if scale, highlighted in the above picture with your son sat watching the tank from the sofa. You really appreciate the great proportions within the tank and how well executed the hardscape and planting are. It's an absolute beauty and is already my favourite of yours to date. Looks like you already have an iaplc shot (edit out hardware), so you can just get on with your next scape now! Lol.

The new white brackets are much more suited to the whole set up, it looks outstanding.....I want one!

Keep the pictures coming.
Cheerio,
Ady

Back