• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fire extinguisher???? what does it actually contain?

spaceage99

Seedling
standard co2 fire extinguishers, how can you tell your one is safe ? cannisters, we all know many that use them, but, is a new standard one free from chemicals, do they have to be emptied first? then refilled? how can you tell if you have one that is ok? signs, codes, prints on bottles? will they give you a true idea to what you have and if it is ok to use? are there any bottle stamps that will let you know you have a safe bottle?

I think they know that nath :lol: think it was a more intricate question maybe? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Well if it says co2 on the side and is in date on the stamp, what else is to say? Do you want a story?

Funnily enough on my co2 bottle it reads
'Once upon a time, long, long ago..'

Hi, the co2 fire extinguisher is perfectly safe for aquarium use. I think I read somewhere that food grade co2 has stainless steel inside the bottle, whereas fire extinguishers dont. It really doesn't matter if it's food grade or not. Everyone on here, myself included who use fire extinguishers don't have a problem.

Back