• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moonlights

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

I'm currently setting up a tank for a public place where I want to add moonlights for optimal viewing time, while reducing the photo period to something sane.

Any suggestions on moonlights for cheap? (prebuilt)

I see the LED strips on ebay but I keep reading stuff about them failing...

Tank is a rio 125.

Ta,
John

Have a look at one of my threads. I've got a rio 180 with 4x 12" blue led strips that are on for an hour after lights off.

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a tank for a public place where I want to add moonlights for optimal viewing time, while reducing the photo period to something sane.

Any suggestions on moonlights for cheap? (prebuilt)

I see the LED strips on ebay but I keep reading stuff about them failing...

Tank is a rio 125.

Ta,
John

Hi John,

Sounds interesting, what are you setting up? You could use any low power LED spotlights really, if you're not fussed about the moonlights being blue (this never looks very natural to me).

Was looking at getting these to showcase the tank while friends were around during the lights off period:
AquaBlue

Expensive. Think mine were about £6 per strip and ya could get numerous colours. I wired them all to one plug.

Look on ebay for 5050 60 rgb led and get a 44 button remote, this larger remote has the ability to individually set the colour with rgb slides to set any colour/brightness you want. The 5050 60 has double the amount of led's than the normal ones and are crazy bright also small, self adhesive and waterproof. You can get 1m of led's and remote for under a 10er. Works well for setting tank colour temp as well when used in conjunction with your normal light, and they work well as a background wall colour.

Those LED look damn hot!
Thanks Rolex!
I'll be buying myself a set once the next pay cheque is in!

Back