• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC V2 Pro Regulator?

Martin cape

Does anyone have this regulator with built in solenoid and needle valve? I need a new reg and found this. It's either this or pay double for the JBL reg and solenoid.

Pretty good, well built reg's but i don't think the working pressure is adjustable which causes it to have problems running an UP atomiser.

I'm planning on using it with a ceramic diffuser till I get my external filter with reactor sorted. So low pressure will be fine.

Spot on. Just want a solid consistent reg. One I have now, working pressure fluctuates sometimes and the bubble count can change by 1-2 bubbles per second from one day to the next without touching anything, which is no good when it starts and I'm at work. Need a consistent one.

Don't get me wrong, TMC are an amazing company with so many fantastic products.

But Jbl's regs are the better of the two by a long way I've heard. Plus the TMC doesn't fit standard threads like FE's I don't think.

I have to disagree tbh, the only down side in comparison is the non adjustable working pressure but for build quality, me personally would chose the TMC everytime, ive own and used more than one of both and just found the JBL quite a cheap feel in comparison... it's just the non adjusting working pressure can be a problem on the TMC sometimes.

I have to disagree tbh, the only down side in comparison is the non adjustable working pressure but for built quality, me personally would chose the TMC everytime, ive own and used more than one of both and just found the JBL quite a cheap feel in comparison... it's just the non adjusting working pressure can be a problem on the TMC sometimes.

Ive heard the TMC ones aren't as good, but haven't used one. Im a massive TMC fan, so wouldn't be knocking them.

The working pressure in todays diffusion method means its substandard in comparison to the JBL, the ability to work at higher pressures ~2-2.5bar make these units superior as you can use in line 'super' diffusers.

Here is mine, 12 years old now.

da14aa2a.jpg

Ive heard the TMC ones aren't as good, but haven't used one. Im a massive TMC fan, so wouldn't be knocking them.

The working pressure in todays diffusion method means its substandard in comparison to the JBL, the ability to work at higher pressures ~2-2.5bar make these units superior as you can use in line 'super' diffusers.

I totally agree hence why i purposely mentioned the lack of being able to change the working pressure, substandard i don't agree with, there is many other methods of diffusion that it works perfectly fine with and methods that many still use... for this reason alone, it is still a perfectly usable product.

But.... saying all that, they are both excellent reg's and whichever the OP chooses, he will certainly not be disappointed ;)... for me the build quality and feel is just far superior over the JBL ones.

Bit of a debate lol.

Well I do not need to be able to adjust the working pressure since I won't need any high pressure bubbling into a reactor. People say the TMC is a good build. What's the needle valve feel like on those? Again, good build quality?

I have literally just set mine up on a fe. I know nothing about this sort of thing but it is really well made and is working on a up inline. The needle valve goes from one bubble every couple of seconds to loads of bubbles and seems fairly responsive to me although I cant compare it to anything else.

I have a couple of questions of my own , hope you dont mind.

I bought it second hand from someone on here and when I got it one of the gagues said 50 and the other 0.
I assume the one that said 0 was the working pressure as when it is all connected this goes up to just ovwr 2 bar. That in itself I thought was strangr as im sure I have read they work at abiut 1.7, although I may be wrong can anyone confirm?
The other gauge that said 50 went straight to 0 when I opend up the fe which surely is wrong as the fe is brand new?

Back