• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60F iwagumi

just got email they have sent another one out free of charge :D so hopefully this one lands lol hoepfully not long untill flood, the hair grass hasnt spreaded much but hopefully when flooded it will spread more or i will add more, once arrives will confirm a few different questions i have before flooding but hopefully here soon anyway . just keeping you posted

thanks Dean

give me 5 mins then mate, also just took cling film off and noticed some of the tips of the grass are browning and white :(

here you go mate see the browning ? hopefully be ok till flood within next 2 weeks
dscn0665aa.jpg

dscn0664a.jpg

dscn0663j.jpg

dscn0662z.jpg

need to read up about taking better pics as i am rubbish at it lol

cheers

Looking great man, you finding the DSM effective? Are you seeing the difference in growth between the HG on the bottom and the HG in the top right corner? I assume this needs a lot more spraying as its not in contact with the base water?

Cheers! Jack :)

thanks jack yeah the bottom grass is a lot longer, i am hoping it spreads a lot once flooded, you can now see roots in the substrate so know its runners are doing ok, nothing to compare to mate as first aquarium but been good for me as reg not arrived and least ot the runners going , shuld arrive this week so will be posting some questions about how i go about flooding etc

Thanks Dean

thanks guys, what you recon plain black background ? were would i get this from

Thanks dean

Yeah second the plain background, check out ebay for some white window vinyl or something similar. Also you will find hairgrass spreads a lot faster when you aggressively cut it back, you should cut it to 1-2cm and watch it send out runners and connect to make a carpet. Only thing is I have never tried this whilst using DSM, but if you leave hairgrass long it has a tendency to just grow up.

I personally can't grow the stuff quick enough, it's such a slow growth plant and I'm dosing Fertz and LC daily. I see it more as decorative plant around rocks etc to break up visual imbalances. I'm not sure how long it take to carpet in a pressurised co2 tank though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hopefully not long lol, once i flood i will cut back short, what you think jack black background ? will cheack ebay

cheers dean

yeah man why not.. usually I would say frosted white but for this im feeling a black film background dean :) black will really highlight the light greys in the stone too :)

We're would u purchase black film background ? eBay ? Don't wanna paint my new ADA incase ever want to move location etc, you recommend trimming again ?

Thanks Dean

Call a Glazier and get them to order u some in Mate, they should be able to get it readily. That's where I get mine anyhow

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for that guys will get some ordered as totally agree and dont like being able to see right through to the wall

also would you advise another trim ?

thanks Dean

just redecorated the whole kitchen :lol: , ordered the black stuff from the link mat provided , cheers :thumbup:

hopefully ok to put on, so how do i go about it ? do you wet the glass before putting on etc , think i should give another trim aswel as tips browning ?

Thanks Dean

Back