• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Is that a great lighting unit then ? With all the Cree LEDs must be powerful sorry still not sure on all lighting etc,

Looking forward to updates
Dean

Hey Dean,
Its not bad as light units go. Its an update of the 1000ND Grobeam Tile.
The colour rendition is slightly more White and clinical than its predecessor. Which is nice, think white headlights in comparison to the yellow ones!

Nice light Nat... thats gonna look great! Where did you source it from.....if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Ben,
Thanks. The light was sources from a aquatic shop located in Lincoln called 'The Aquarium' which happens to be Ian Holdich's Local.

Would definitely recommend these guys, great service and UPS delivery ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your new unit in place, I know it's going to look the business!

Cheers Gary,
Nearly there with all the cabinet, then I can get the lighting rail fabricated. :D

Cheers Guys.

sure will look great then mate cannot wait to see it :)

Cheers Dean

Nearly there with all the cabinet, then I can get the lighting rail fabricated.
I was thinking about this but then I saw some one on here, cant remember where! but they had used some very very nice chrome curtain railing and cut it all down and used nice sleek corner bends to fit it all together and it looked class.. would of cost less that 20 quid as a guess. whats your thoughts mate? you would have literally an unlimited amount of choice if you went to a curtain store! im doing this with my new tank definitely, as aposed to paying a fortune for a fabricated rail from NA for example.

I was thinking about this but then I saw some one on here, cant remember where! but they had used some very very nice chrome curtain railing and cut it all down and used nice sleek corner bends to fit it all together and it looked class.. would of cost less that 20 quid as a guess. whats your thoughts mate? you would have literally an unlimited amount of choice if you went to a curtain store! im doing this with my new tank definitely, as aposed to paying a fortune for a fabricated rail from NA for example.

I know of a steel fabricator as I have worked on a few jobs where he has been. It would be as simple as ordering some brushed finish pipe and having it bent to shape or to buy some box section and have it welded.

Shouldn't be too expensive, I hope, as soon as I get a measure up of sizes, I will get him to give me a price.

Boooosh!!

EDIT :
F283F87D-A020-4A45-8A95-42FEBB7C4D83-647-000000FB67BDF777_zpsd968d9ce.jpg

A062E213-F16E-40D8-B570-A496B9DABDBB-647-000000FB64376CC7_zps9e4bc242.jpg

5FFA315D-609C-45E8-A3B9-68741D5BB1CE-647-000000FB5D8AE9C1_zps2416a797.jpg

You can rotate photos on the mobile before uploading too :p

Better P? Whats the quality like for phone on desktop? Just uploaded via Photobucket iPhone app.
Cheers,

Better P? Whats the quality like for phone on desktop? Just uploaded via Photobucket iPhone app.
Cheers,
Much better now :) almost had to sue you for a neck injury there!

That looks great, you must be so proud of it :)
Where will you be cutting the holes for the pipes, back or sides?
The jealousy is definatly kicking in now :(

Hey mate,

Thanks :) I will probably do a two slit design hole down one side and maybe one almost full length about an inch thick along the back right at the top of the boards. Also a tank cutter will be used to cut a hole through the bottom right for a power source/ drill a hole to fit a cable through and rewire the plug on.

Very nice indeed! True craftsmanship and a one off as well - I'd be well chuffed with that, looking forward to seeing the rest of the setup come together now.

Back