• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureBoy's "Back Before TeaTime"...

NatureBoy

Hi All

Just joined photobucket in order to put up some photos of a few "swimming with the fishes" type of shots of my scape. It's a work in progress but I'm pleased with where the scape is going so far...
backbeforeteatimeswim_zps4e1c1ccb.jpg

now for a couple of side shots...
backbeforeteatimeendshot_zps20c9a694.jpg

backbeforeteatimeendshot2_zps15173668.jpg

A profile shot...
backbeforeteatimeprofileshot_zps65c40c64.jpg

too shy for a full frontal, but when the cryptocoryne retrospirallis on the left grows, and I've dealt with my snail infestation I'll up date :shy:

cheers - I'm hoping to do a bit of a journal on it, but all my early pics are in a raw format I can't work with...when I've figured it out I will upload them too...

Nice textures, tank looks great :) :thumbup:
Thanks! I've tried out a few concepts I've been considering with this scape including near vertical substrate so I hope some of the hardscape pics will prove interesting if I can ever get a program to deal with RAW format without crashing...

I'm also hoping Darren from Living Waters can source me a pygmy lilly - we've talked about nymphae micrantha to plant in the moss, the plan is to have tiny lilly pads on the waters surface. That'll be the finishing touch on the scape...

great looking tank mate,love the planting,really wild looking :)

Yep, this is the time of year to return from the gloomy weather to a tank full of tropical plants and colorful fish!

I'm also hoping Darren from Living Waters can source me a pygmy lilly
I am sure he can, he has some great gems ;) what is the list of plants you got in there at the moment?

I am sure he can, he has some great gems ;) what is the list of plants you got in there at the moment?
Yes - he's my go to guy for sorting out a planting list...quarter price!
Currently featuring in the scape is:-
bolbitis, microsorum short one, fissidens (getting crowded out now), peacock moss, willow moss, marsilea quadrifolia (getting crowded out), potamageton gayii, ranunculus indunatus, cryptocoryne retrospiralis (chuffed to have finally got this from Darren on special order - seems to be mega rare in UK?), riccia, hydrocotyle sp - tripartita? dunno exactly, ludwigia arcuata (goes an incredible deep wine red colour), hemianthus glomeratus (aka micranthemoides), rotala rotundifolia (pink), rotala macaranda narrow red, rotala nanjenshan, some other pure green rotala, heterantha zosterfolia, er think that's it...here's some of the pinkness
pinkyplants_zps7abc8ace.jpg

One of my favourites, need to get this back into my tank at some stage ;) great collection of plants in there :)
yep, this is the first time I've had it, and it's a beaut, by the end of the photoperiod it's up there with riccia in my mind for it's pearling, I also like the way it spills across the surface. Got to keep it in check though!

Looks great, the first pic gives the impression it's got a lot of depth. I really like it. Are them lamb chop rasboras I see? I was looking them up on the net today, more than likely put some in my new tank when I get it.

Keep up the good work :)

Looks great, the first pic gives the impression it's got a lot of depth. I really like it. Are them lamb chop rasboras I see? I was looking them up on the net today, more than likely put some in my new tank when I get it.

Keep up the good work :)
Cheers - yes they are "lambchop" rasboras - the espei one...a fab fish, it's satisfying watching them colour up and they really glow a deep copper neon colour after a week or so, shoals really nicely too - they were mislabelled in my nearest Maidenhead so make sure you can spot the lambchop!

Back