• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello, from the Netherlands

bastian

Seedling
Hi there,

I signed up for ukaps almost 3- 4 years ago but never introduced myself properly. Was most of the time reading and not really contributing I guess.
Hereby I would like to introduce myself. I am Bastian from the Netherlands, 23 years old.
Started this hobby with some simple setups, just like we have all started. But slowly got drawn to the art of aquascaping.
My first real attempt was 3- 4 years ago, same year I signed up for Ukaps. I signed up because the overload of inspiring stuff on this forum aswell as really good information and tips.

After my first attempt I quited for like 2-3 years. Kinda busy with school and fitness etc. Until now!
My plans are to start a new aquascape again anywhere this month. Made some preparations already.

My first aquarium was a 80x45x40 optic white. This time i'm going to setup a 60x30x36 also optic white.

Below you find a few pictures of my first real attempt. Hope you like them. Cannot wait to see what it's going to bring me this time.

project_bazie2_zps92d5667b.jpg

project_bazie_16_zps4271bd1b.jpg

Bastian_Everhardt01_zpse9c5da39.jpg

Thanks all!

Some details of the setup a few years ago.

Technical.
80cm x 45cm x 40cm
2x 70 watt 8000k HQI (9 hours a day).
Filtering, 2x Eheim 2213 (mechanical, biological).
Pressured CO2 with a PH-controller (6,75 PH).

Substrate.
ADA Special M
ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia
ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder

Hardscape.
Root wood
Seiryu stone
River is made out off Mica glass. They used Mica glass formerly in old stoves. Pretty hard to come by nowadays.

Welcome.
I'm definitely looking forward to your next scape....I hope you will do a journal?
The Mica glass river is an impressive enhancement of the scene.
Cheerio,
Ady

You can use a rock called "alabaster" for a similar water like effect.
I know a few friends in Serbia that use it very effectively.

Nice scape, good job for the 1st attempt.

Back