• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Join the club

foxfish

I thought I might have a go inside the house & planted a pot of HC, still in the pot but overflowing now.
I just pushed the whole pot into some bonsai soil with a 9w light on for 10 hours about 5 weeks ago.

hc1.jpg

hc.jpg

Haha, that looks great. I've got a small spare tank hanging around so might give this emersed growing stuff a go :wideyed: :D

Wow this is cool! m doing the same thing kinda.. but in bowl, Not having too much issues with growth due to winter temps but then its only been a week so its very very early to tell!

I grew another tank just after that one & it was even more successful, I found that using a heat mat & completely sealing the top works best, no misting required, no extra ferts just plenty of light for 12 hours a day.

17dcec8f.jpg

wow looks like a great little experiment.. I may dig out my heat mats and try... was thinking of building a very small little glass window sill tank to try this.. I think I have way tooooooo much water in mine so think I need to remove some really.. great tank though buddy :)

I have the same tank with Hydrocotyle tripartia in with a 12w led resting on the cover glass :) I will be removing the hydrocotyle soon and giving HC a go. I need to get a small heat mat first though.

not sure about preferred but my emersed cuba is on ADA Amazonia with water to the soil line. I dont cover my cuba with anything, neither do I over my bowl in general. My cuba seems absolutely fine with less moisture than I thought it would need. look at the journal below and I should have a photo of it at the beginning and 3 weeks in. You can see the difference for sure. No cover, no heat just a spray every morning before I leave the house.

Back