• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Lovely video Ian ,great looking tank :thumbup:

Thank you guys!

@ stu, I agree, very underrated. I have always like tiger barbs, but never really fancied them due to their behaviour. These seem to fit the bill.

Viewed in 1080p even better, nice vid mate really nice tank.

Thank you! I watched it on my tv last night in 1080 and it looks really good (if I say so myself) lol.

A very inspirational, and helpful thread. Ive been looking very closely at white cabinet options, and a new braceless tank. So much so ive just ordered some white mounting brackets. At least a start.
HAAHHAHAH i knew you wood cave in after i sent you a link to Ian's Wonderful tank!
Thanks Ian for helping without knowing it!

Andyh

Looking amazing, that’s a good quality set up you have there.:) Those lights are just fab, I want some.

Thank you mark! Really excellent build quality on these tanks, the cabinets are also very good value for money.

A very inspirational, and helpful thread. Ive been looking very closely at white cabinet options, and a new braceless tank. So much so ive just ordered some white mounting brackets. At least a start.

Thank you bogwood! I have seen ada tanks and there isn't a lot in it, there really isn't. Obvioulsy the cabinets aren't Ada standard, but they are very neat and tidy.

Thank you sdlra!

HAAHHAHAH i knew you wood cave in after i sent you a link to Ian's Wonderful tank!
Thanks Ian for helping without knowing it!

Andyh

Thanks Andy! I'm glad I have my uses lol.

Oh and a quick shot of a barb just to keep the pics coming
8468947354_9b36cd6bb3_c.jpg
Pentazona barb by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Sounds very peaceful lol. Any ideas for fauna on my new 27l jungle? I love yours but feel I don't have sufficient space :( maybe ember tetras or do the need room too?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

this is really coming along ian, its a really nice layout and awesome fish choice with the pentazonas... i was going to get mine back from daves tank but will have to get my creative juices going for something new now lol they really do suit nature style tanks.
looks like you nailed the flow and co2 on this one right off the bat and some absolutely cracking pictures bud.

this is really coming along ian, its a really nice layout and awesome fish choice with the pentazonas... i was going to get mine back from daves tank but will have to get my creative juices going for something new now lol they really do suit nature style tanks.
looks like you nailed the flow and co2 on this one right off the bat and some absolutely cracking pictures bud.

Thanks Iain, it still has some ranunculus in there waiting for your return! How big did your pentazonas get and how long did they take?
I was worried about the flow tbh as the outflow and inflow are both at the back of the tank as you can see, but I seems to be working perfectly.

Now into week 3 of this tank, and things are going well. The HC is spreading nicely, the mosses have taken well. There are new shoots coming up from the bolbitis.

Here's a couple of pics from different angles.

8475893241_de177b66d9_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

8475893127_eafa1fe4f7_c.jpg

And one of the main focal point
8475893589_0343f6ffd5_c.jpg

And one of the main focal point
8475893589_0343f6ffd5_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr[/quote]

love this last shot mate. awesome. if that inlet on the right wasn't noticed the tank Is very deceiving in size, or should I say scape is. it looks much bigger. and for only 3 weeks too..... :( I'm being drawn back to gas addiction...must resist

Than
love this last shot mate. awesome. if that inlet on the right wasn't noticed the tank Is very deceiving in size, or should I say scape is. it looks much bigger. and for only 3 weeks too..... :( I'm being drawn back to gas addiction...must resist

Thank you Alastair! Lay off the gas mate, you'll need a 20kg on you new monster. I love this set up though, the pearling happens very quick when you ramp the led up. Something I missed on my last set up. Thank you again for the comment.

Back