• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Good handy work! The light looks cool.

Be interesting to see how it performs for you.

Andy

Looking fantastic mate although I feel adding a few different spectrum LEDs into the light mix would make a huge, dramatic & contrasting improvement to your present bulbs. :cool:

I know mate. I'm still in two minds whether to add in the led bulbs but until the tank is planted and filled I'll not be able to have an idea.

Hi Alastair

Brilliant journal so far - five pages and there's still no tank! It's all about the delayed gratification isn't it mate!? :)

The light unit looks absolutely great, and a real credit to your skills.

I'm really excited about the aquascape. Your emergent beauty was incredible, and I'm sure this will be as equally or more impressive still. No pressure. :)

I'm going to enjoying watching this journal, for sure. Keep up the great work!

Hi Alastair

Brilliant journal so far - five pages and there's still no tank! It's all about the delayed gratification isn't it mate!? :)

The light unit looks absolutely great, and a real credit to your skills.

I'm really excited about the aquascape. Your emergent beauty was incredible, and I'm sure this will be as equally or more impressive still. No pressure. :)

I'm going to enjoying watching this journal, for sure. Keep up the great work!

Hi George thanks mate I'm chuffed it's Had that effect on you so far and it's not even here yet.

it will be a challenge I know that especially the size but will give me plenty of exoerience for when I go even bigger next year.

I haven't a clue how I'm going to plant this but will try to keep it open and base the focus on the wood which has now been 're arranged. Not sure about as impressive but can but try.

I'm trying to get or achieve a balance between having a relatively nice planted layout that looks appealing to people whilst also trying to keep conditions as near as possible to what the fish species I'm keeping will thrive in and hopefully have breeding chocolates and paros.

still can't decide on if or what I'll do regarding emerged plants either. they May come in a few months down the line.
ha ha definitely is pressure now lol.

Hi all,
keep conditions as near as possible to what the fish species I'm keeping will thrive in and hopefully have breeding chocolates and paros.
I think breeding is quite important, if you have a look on the "Parosphromenus Project" pages you can see that the situation is fairly desperate in the wild in Sumatra and Borneo:

Parosphromenus Project: <Home>.

Cheers Darrel

6a7ubu4u.jpg

aze5ere4.jpg

Tanks on its way!

sorry for not replying sooner. have literally just sat down. will add lots of pics hopefully tonight and tomorrow as I plod on with it. just want to thank mike for the extra muscle as it was ermm a tad awkward to get in.

here's a couple of shots of it in place and mike scraping off some silicone and my little girl and friend laying the pond soil base....

8480285694_b2d36699a4_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

8479199769_0b51fa5d1d_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

sorry I took so long lol

Back