• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

drop checker goes green without CO2

sekiz

Seedling
I have recently set up my planted tank. It ran several hours without introducing CO2 (I managed to break my diffuser while installing!). However in the mean time the drop checker went green.

Until my new diffuser arrives I decided to simply introduce the CO2 without any diffuser (better than nothing). It has been one day like this and now I see my drop checker is tending to wards yellowish. Now thoretically drop checker measures the pH level but obviously not the pH of water. So this should really indicate the levels of CO2. I know CO2 is not enough at all. So the question is what is going on? And the second question- this was infact a good coincidence because if I had my CO2 since the begining I would think my CO2 was too much. So next question is if my drop checker is turning green (even yellowish) how can I adjust CO2 level when I start introducing proper CO2 with diffuser?

Should I try to reduce the pH of water first may be?

Many thanks for the comments...

Thanks for the prompt responses.

No I specifically tried to be careful during installation such that water does not get mixed with the solution. How can I clean the drop checker to refill it in? Can I simply rinse it with tap water and dry throughly?

No I do not think it is a low end PH reagent...

As above, check you using 4dkh.

It could be duff reagent, it doesn't last forever in my experience

Back