• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid carbon optimized time?

You're doing pretty well getting your HC to pearl using LC in my 20L nano i see no signs of this with my HC or staurogyne repens although adding 0.7ml LC per day + 6ml carbonated water + 2ml EI ferts daily + 11watt for 6 hours.Growth is present but slow is only 3 weeks old though.I think the dropchecker will only measure co2 gas not LC mate.Cheers mark
As for growth I cant complain. ALTHOUGH, my cuba does not seem to be running in any direction. It just stays were it is and grows up and outwards, I was thinking about breaking it up and spreading it but it seems happy to just sit and be happy and green so im not going to disturb it. Once my cuba has grown in my bowl I may transfer some over. Sorry to hear your not receiving the same effects, keep up with the carbonated water, I thin this is very important.

My guess is that the plants are using the water changes, along with the decent amount of nutrients and distribution. This way you're getting pearling.
What do you mean by this ian? Most evenings I see the same thing with my cuba. My carbonated water, LC and NPK, I assume makes it do this. I did not know that I must have gassed forms of co2 to form pearling? How do you explain what my cuba is doing? are you saying there are different reasons for pearling? Im not exactly clued on with why and what pearls sorry mate.

As for growth I cant complain. ALTHOUGH, my cuba does not seem to be running in any direction. It just stays were it is and grows up and outwards, I was thinking about breaking it up and spreading it but it seems happy to just sit and be happy and green so im not going to disturb it. Once my cuba has grown in my bowl I may transfer some over. Sorry to hear your not receiving the same effects, keep up with the carbonated water, I thin this is very important.
Will keep up the carbonated water in my other 20L nano with co2 via diffuser different story pearling HC,hairgrass,staurogyne,cryptocoryne,Anubias and rotala growth much quicker obviously thats co2 for you!Is a fair bit older though this tank.Maybe worthwhile a bit of a trim on your HC and replant of the cuttings to help it spread out on the substrate .Cheers mark

Back