• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Back in the Saddle' 90cm - 1 year on!

Hi Vito,
your tank and equipment are looking really slick :)
Is the special N fertiliser being used as your macro and your using EI for a trace mix? I'm not quite sure I understand your fert dosing regime?
Looking forward to following this one.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi Vito,
your tank and equipment are looking really slick :)
Is the special N fertiliser being used as your macro and your using EI for a trace mix? I'm not quite sure I understand your fert dosing regime?
Looking forward to following this one.
Cheerio,
Ady.
Hi Ady, I am using the E.I mixture recommended from APF you tube video and Chelated trace so my regime is:
Day 1- Macro 40ml + Special N 20ml
Day 2- Trace 40ml + Special N 20 ml
Day 3- Macro 40ml + Special N 20ml
Day 4- Trace 40ml + Special N 20 ml
Day 5- Macro 40ml + Special N 20ml
Day 6- Trace 40ml + Special N 20 ml
Day 7- Rest
I also add 8mm of easy carbo every day as another source of co2. I hope that clears things up buddy. Thanks for reading ;)

Are you sticking to a particular time of day you dose so the plants get what they need? Or is it just daily whenever is convenient?

Looking great!

If it was me would kill the midday peak with the lights.

Keep them low to start, once the tank is more mature and plants established more light could be introduced if desired.

Are you sticking to a particular time of day you dose so the plants get what they need? Or is it just daily whenever is convenient?
I dose in the morning before I leave for work which is around 7:30am and lights don't come on until 6pm so I can enjoy the view when I get home.
Looking great!

If it was me would kill the midday peak with the lights.

Keep them low to start, once the tank is more mature and plants established more light could be introduced if desired.
Midday peak killed, thanks for the advice :)
Looks the biz, will keep an eye on your progress. Similar size of tank I wish to work with soon. I don't understand the dosing special N though, I thought EI dosing had everything you need?
I'm sure E.I is enough but there is very interesting sticky post in the aquarium fert dosing part of this forum that discusses the Special N fertiliser and results other members have had with it so I thought I would try it too.

So just to update, everything is going well so far, the HC is spreading runners quicker than I have ever experienced before, to be honest I am pleasantly surprised, all the plants are staying nice and green as if I just planted them today but its early days yet, fingers crossed the HM does well and I will shape it into a lovely bush. I cut a few melted leaves an anything that looked like it was dying to further prevent algae. I might perform a water change on Friday but if things continue to go well then I will just wait for the seventh day instead.
Thanks again for all you comments and advice as it really helps and I do want to succeed with this one :)

Hey Vito, The setup from NA looks great! Nice and simple planting too...... all in all looks great and will be watching this one closely!

The tank and glass wear look amazing. I also really like the scape. This should be a stunner when filled in.

Hey guys, so its a week in and everything is still going well, I did my first water change this morning and got the toothbrush out for the rocks :)
I have upped the co2 to 3bps from last Friday as the drop check wasn't as green as I would have liked so that seems to have solved that, I was temped to extended the photo period from 5 hours to 5.5 but I am going to keep it at 5 for another week as I haven't seen any algae issues yet and I don't want to induce them.
Well enough chit chat, here are the pics. Enjoy :)

dscf3224n.jpg

dscf3226id.jpg

dscf3233yd.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Are you running the NA light at full power? How you finding the NA kit? Considering one for myself some time soon!

Hey Paulo, I am only running 2 of the 4 36w PC units and will up it when the plant biomass increases. The NA gear is awesome, the light unit is so sleek and the cabinet is very good quality, my only bug is that the tank has a few minor scratches which are at the substrate level so I cannot notice them anymore and one of the pains of glass isn't milometer perfect inline and NA explanation was that the glass isn't computer laser cut so hence the imperfection and they also admit that tanks may come with scratches and cant be helped again I was a little cheesed off with this statement but I suppose its tough luck, that aside the clarity of the glass is amazing and the silicone work is really neat. All in all its a damn sight cheaper than ADA and being of Portuguese heritage myself I felt obligated to used them :)
Go for it Paulo take the plunge!

Love the tank and layout will be watching this one to see how progresses so keep us posted

Dean

my only bug is that the tank has a few minor scratches which are at the substrate level so I cannot notice them anymore and one of the pains of glass isn't milometer perfect inline and NA explanation was that the glass isn't computer laser cut so hence the imperfection and they also admit that tanks may come with scratches and cant be helped again I was a little cheesed off with this statement but I suppose its tough luck!
Oh dear, I don't like the sound of any of that....scratches in particular on a new tank would be a definite no go for me, that's bad in my opinion!
Sorry to hear that mate :( only heard good things about these set ups to date....
Mind you, before long all these minor imperfections will become insignificant compared to the scene within the tank :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of any of that....scratches in particular on a new tank would be a definite no go for me, that's bad in my opinion!
Sorry to hear that mate :( only heard good things about these set ups to date....
Mind you, before long all these minor imperfections will become insignificant compared to the scene within the tank :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

This is going to look the part when grown in.

Shame about that statement from NA
I wouldn't expect a single scratch from a brand new tank. Shame :(

The scape is looking great vito, well done. It'll be a real winner when it's all grown in.

At the moment the light is suspended 30 cm above the tank and the HC is spreading runners and a very healthy looking shade of green, I do agree it needs more light but I feel this early on in the tanks life that too much light will induce an algae issue I might not be able to combat easily so as things continue to go well I will observe it closely and adjust the light intensity as things move forward.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback :)

Back