• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Distribution

jon32

Hi, I have an Aquanano 40 which I'm about to buy some CO2 kit for, and was wondering if it would it be a good idea to run an atomizer in the pump/heater section of the sump that's built into the back of the tank.

My thinking is the pump should distribute the CO2 out through the spray bar (which I fitted) for hopefully nice even CO2 distribution around the tank. It would also be a bonus of another piece of kit hidden away back there too.
If it worked would there be any pitfalls? For instance, lowering the life of the pump, or affecting the filter media in the adjacent compartments?

Cheers
Jon

Hi, I have an Aquanano 40 which I'm about to buy some CO2 kit for, and was wondering if it would it be a good idea to run an atomizer in the pump/heater section of the sump that's built into the back of the tank.

My thinking is the pump should distribute the CO2 out through the spray bar (which I fitted) for hopefully nice even CO2 distribution around the tank. It would also be a bonus of another piece of kit hidden away back there too.
If it worked would there be any pitfalls? For instance, lowering the life of the pump, or affecting the filter media in the adjacent compartments?

Cheers
Jon

Hi Jon,
If I were going to ever run co2 on my aquanano, I'd do exactly that, both to hide equipment and to give the best distribution. I doubt whether there will be enough co2 being used on this small tank to effect the pump in any way. With regards the filter media, the co2 will be distributed throughout the whole tank eventually anyway so concentrations should be equal everywhere. With your spraybar return and photosynthesising planted tank, there will be ample concentrations of oxygen to feed your filter bacteria :)
Keep us posted.
Cheerio,
Ady.

agree its the bet place for it. Suggest trying to ensure your diffuser provides very fine bubbles. I have been running an eheim air diffuser for O2 injection to help the shrimps and the bubbles are too big. i ran it in sump area and the pump made an absolute racket. I have a co2 diffuser in the garage so may try that.

Hi Jon,
If I were going to ever run co2 on my aquanano, I'd do exactly that, both to hide equipment and to give the best distribution. I doubt whether there will be enough co2 being used on this small tank to effect the pump in any way. With regards the filter media, the co2 will be distributed throughout the whole tank eventually anyway so concentrations should be equal everywhere. With your spraybar return and photosynthesising planted tank, there will be ample concentrations of oxygen to feed your filter bacteria :)
Keep us posted.
Cheerio,
Ady.
Great. Thanks Ady, makes perfect sense.
Will keep you posted, cheers :)

agree its the bet place for it. Suggest trying to ensure your diffuser provides very fine bubbles. I have been running an eheim air diffuser for O2 injection to help the shrimps and the bubbles are too big. i ran it in sump area and the pump made an absolute racket. I have a co2 diffuser in the garage so may try that.
Hi nduli. I was thinking of using a Easy Aqua Super Mist Atomiser. I think one of these provide really small bubbles/mist hopefully.

Cheers,
Jon

Back