• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Mini L Reskape the Tree

Hi, all
Could you belive, my filter has been "EATEN" from the RO water. I put the filter on test for a week with an stock empty tank. In couple of days noticed a tiny strange droplet on the filter body. I was amazed the stainless steel filter was rusting as a tiny spot. In a few days the rust was like perfect line on the bottom end of the filter. The water in the test tank was smelling bizzarre like nothing before. I open the filter last night to find out was literally eaten. I use a pure RO water in this tank just to test the filter to ressistence. My Tygon tubing turn from absolutely clear to whiteish apparenly from the RO water- Filter problem. Because the RO water is so agressive exchanging ions with anything like metal or rock on its way. I think was an elctrolysis occured in the filter or an Ions exchange. I was surprised when I saw a rusty ADA filter wich claims to be stainless steel, it might be used with extremely soft-acidic water. That is why I reject the idea of ADA like filter and will either use plastic canister with the same pump or new Fluval105,205,106 or 206. By the way the Echeim compact are so powerfull with amasind head pressure, highly recommanded. I will not do a writing about the filter because it did not pass the test. Some pics of what was inside.
The DSM goes really great because of the hi-light the java moss become light green:p and Hydro went mad, awesome. I added Ricardia and I think Xmas moss wich has an visible growth even for 2-3 days. The yellow leaves on yhe HC turn brown-transperent but amasing new growth is visible. Hopefully my experience with the "Dead Water" was usefull for all.:mad: Think well before using any kind of metals for a long therm combined with RO. Enjoy the pics.
SDC14992.JPG
SDC14993.JPG
SDC14994.JPG
SDC14995.JPG
SDC14996.JPG
SDC14997.JPG
SDC14999.JPG
SDC15003.JPG
SDC15004.JPG
SDC15005.JPG
SDC15007.JPG
SDC15009.JPG
SDC15010.JPG
SDC14986.JPG
SDC14988.JPG

Looking good! Everything is looking super healthy in there. That hydro looks good, it looks as much of a weed emersed as it is submersed.
When you flooding it?

May be in a month. What do you recon? BTW I am scared about the HC will not pass the flood due to it is yellow leaves. But we will see.

The "Japan" Hydro it has attached its roots to the dragon stone so may not rise much after the flood. But yes I have the scissors:p

I have a qustion. My sandy beach area has tiny spores of green algae wich is nothing but the quartz sans is like magnet for algae wich migt be a problem after. Why is that? Anyone has an experience with quatz sand? If the sand turn green will drive me crazy. Otherwise no algae at all on the glass or stones. The CO2 doing its job even at DSM.:)

once flooded its worth stirring the sand up to stop it discolouring, just an idea but before you flood it may be worth removing as much as you can and rinsing in boiling water to kill the algae spores???
If it Blue green algae then definitely try to deal with it before flooding.
You must be itching to flood it! Keep co2 as high as possible when you flood to try and limit melting... i found HC browned and melted a bit but came back strong quite quickly.

Nice pictures plants growth in,on and around the hardscape looks very natural good use of different leaves and shades to compliment the scape.Can't wait to see the underwater version!Cheers mark

Hi,
My DSM jurney is about to end. I cant wait for my FLUVAL 205 to be delivered. Planning to fload next week. What do you think? Some of the plants has no obvious progress so might need some water:p

SDC15031.JPG
SDC15032.JPG
SDC15033.JPG
SDC15034.JPG
SDC15035.JPG
SDC15036.JPG
SDC15037.JPG
SDC15038.JPG
SDC15039.JPG
SDC15041.JPG
SDC15042.JPG
SDC15043.JPG
SDC15044.JPG
SDC15045.JPG
SDC15046.JPG
SDC15047.JPG
SDC15048.JPG
SDC15049.JPG
SDC15050.JPG

Great photos!
Its looking great and im really looking forward to the flood :)
Did you give any further thought to a rear stem plant?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks! The background stem plant is still under consideration, but anyway I will add it when the tank is filled. I think may ruin the low plant skape and the hydro will rise a bit when filled. Anyway the stem plant may be Hemianthus micranthemoides or some Rotala. Need something with small and delicate leaves, not too redish cause will be like a red spot on green background. Stu, what is your stem plant on Mini M skape 2 behind the right stone?

Stunning Setup !

Whats the light green moss on the branch, is it flame moss?

Does it attach itself once growing?

I think is java moss and I just place it on the branch and it grows itself just need moisture;)

Wow looks awesome hope the filter arrives Monday so u can flood, the plants look very healthy I must say

Good luck and keep pics coming
Dean

I have not got much idea about DSM and emersed growing but looking at your plants you see some real healthy specimens which means you have done a great job and have been very patient.Good luck with the next phase(the moss is ace!)Cheers mark

Back