• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dividing substrate for scaping

Henry Howes

Seedling
Good evening,

I'm looking at scaping my 180litre tank and I've got a pretty good idea on how I want to lay it out. I want to create a path effect off centre to the back of the tank which means I will need to have a sand type substrate for the path, and then my plant growing substrate to the sides.

I don't want the substrates to mix as it will look messy and be a pain to clean, so I'm looking for some ideas on creating a barrier ranging from 20mm to about 65mm, something I can ideally leave in place, and is sturdy enough to stay put!

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm hoping to do. I think I'll try and make it look like the rocks are holding the substrates apart, but will sneak some sort of divider in there just to be sure

My only comment is that rocks don't work as well as dividers, I used dividers and then let the plants grow for a few weeks b4 adding livestock. It's easy enough to make the dividers

Back