• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

O2 through a co2 diffuser

The pressure in an air pump is no where near the pressure in a c02 cyclinder, here where the problem lies. Why no just buy an airs tone, they're cheap enough.

I'm not sure the pressures can be equated to lph vs bar. Tbh, I don't think you'll find an air pump that will cut it.

First of all using an air pump won't give you oxygen bubbles - it will give you air bubbles in the tank that are mainly nitrogen. If you want O2 bubbles, get an O2 cylinder and then you could run it just like a CO2 cylinder using an atomiser.

Second, why do you want such tiny air bubbles? What's the aim? The main function of air in an aquarium is to move the water increasing the amount of water exposed to the air for gaseous exchange, as well as slightly increasing the surface area of water exposed to air by including the surface area of the bubbles too. However in a lightly stocked tank you probably wouldn't need any more circulation past the air used to run a gentle air powered filter.

Ed, thanks for the guidance. What's the logic behind mainly nitrogen bubbles?
I wanted smaller bubbles as the tank is small and to disturb surface a little to break up slight surface scum and improve O2 exchange in water given there are shrimps in there, ps and I love the diffusers so aesthetic aspect to it too :)

Ed, thanks for the guidance. What's the logic behind mainly nitrogen bubbles?

Atmosphere of Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Air is 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen and around 1% of everything else.

I wanted smaller bubbles as the tank is small and to disturb surface a little to break up slight surface scum and improve O2 exchange in water given there are shrimps in there, ps and I love the diffusers so aesthetic aspect to it too :)

Sounds like you just need a small fine air stone.

Back