• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replacing Juwel Light hood by a stand alone lighting stand

niru

Hi All

whats the best way to replace Juwel tank closed light hood with a better stand alone lighting stand? I have a 180 litre tank and would like to get a better lighting system (height and intensity controllable). Any and every suggestions are welcome...

cheers

Niru, i'm thinking of doing the same to mine so it will be interesting to see what comments are posted:)

Cheers
Martin

Most luminaire's will come with feet/legs so they can stand on the side glass of the tank. Alternatively they can be hung from the ceiling.

Most light units bought separately from a full set-up (like a Juwel tank) be they Halide, T5's or LED's will have several options. Assuming you want the tank to be open top?

Hi Paulo

I dont need "extra" lights, just want to change to open top as frequent trimming would be easier & more accessible.. Dont have money to replace Juwel by ADA style "nicer" tank at the moment.

Any suggestions for which would be a good combination/brand for doing this?

You can go for the cheap option like Allpondsolutions on ebay, you can go down the Arcadia route but more expensive, or you can go down the LED route even more expensive! or you can even go down the ADA route much more expensive! Depends on your budget really and how you want the unit to look, in the end they will all give you the same results!

Reactions: tim
Thanks! I just needed reassurance from someone responsible. :happy:

Back