• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cheap substrate in London £20

I have it on my 60l tank and its a nice colour and texture, the only thing is that its very light and if you have a decent flow it will be forever digging holes into the substrate which annoying the hell out of me!

Most garden centers are selling John Inns No3 at full price for £4.99 30L ;)

Yes but thats not really the same thing is it¿¿¿
Most people on here go and spend £35 a bag on ada's finest, which is comparative to Oliver Knott's which is usually even more expensive.

Is that really cheap?

It's really light I've read, gets moved about if your a bit mental with your flow

I have it on my 60l tank and its a nice colour and texture, the only thing is that its very light and if you have a decent flow it will be forever digging holes into the substrate which annoying the hell out of me!

Sorry skimmed past this comment but yes exactly what I've read.

Yeah it sounds cheap but are we talking so cheap ill need to wash my hands after

Hi all, I am looking to put dirt in my tank, I have seen some "Water Lilly Compost" will this be OK in my tropical set up?

Just buy some aquatic soil and dose ferts.
Or use sand and dose ferts...

either way is straight forward and no having to ask is this ok.
Why make it hard

I have a sand/substrate mix, I will buy some soil, and maybe use some clay?

I think you should have a look through the journals and also the sticky threads on the forum to get a bit more knowledge of planted tanks before you buy anything, that way you won't waste your time and money

Back