• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Really cute little barbs! They had some pentazonas at the LFS last week.

how many Pentazona barb do you have in that tank?

There's 10 in there at the moment, I think I'll leave it at ten tbh, they get to about 5cm so that's plenty big enough.

Really cute little barbs! They had some pentazonas at the LFS last week.
Cheers hydrophyte, they are good little fish, not as timid as they were when I first picked em up. They are starting to colour up nicely now as well.

Sorry ian, havent been on much lately and missed your new tank. Look stunning mate! love the depth on it and the white led kit looks great. fun time soon trimming the mosses and trying not to spread it all around the tank!

Thank you for the comment stu, the depth of the tank made it so easy to work with. Ill say it again, but I'm really impressed with the TMC set up.
I have already trimmed some moss, all filters off and nets underneath, the stuff just tends to float mid tank. Not looking forward to the big trim though!

Got a few pics from tonight, was in Nottingham again yesterday. Picked up a couple of freshwater gobys. I have had a decent convo with Andy h who keeps these and has done for a few years, on the best way to keep these. Apparently they colour up nicely.

Here's the male stiphodon (they are really difficult to photograph)
8493531036_18ab629743_c.jpg
stiphodon male by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Female
8493531176_2631573163_c.jpg
stiphodon female by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

And just a couple more pics (sorry), cherry colouring up nicely in ro water
8493531284_9fdca87f4b_c.jpg
Cherry shrimp by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

The ludwegia is growing nicely at the back
8493531094_0862839a03_c.jpg
Ludwegia by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

A shot from where I'm sat
8493531338_3a3d0ba6ce_c.jpg
Full tank by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Ian, that is looking nice!

The last photo is cracking! Moss on wood does it for me every time (clearly need to get our more, i know!)

Great Stiphodons!

Lovely tank and lovely fish!;)

Thank you ionut!

Are they both s.elegans mate? ? They look great I've got a male and on the look out for a female. What are you feeding them on.

Was hoping for a positive Id on them, but I know they're notoriously hard to Id. They do look like elegans, although they were just labelled as stiphodon sp (Indonesian rock goby).

Ian, that is looking nice!

The last photo is cracking! Moss on wood does it for me every time (clearly need to get our more, i know!)

Great Stiphodons!

Thanks Andy, you gotta dig the moss at the moment. It's the future! Lol

The male is definitely elegans mate. Identical to mine but not sure about thefemale. Great pics of them both though mine doesn't keep still long enough to shoot.
That last tank shot is great by the way

Thanks Al! did yours colour up anymore? they are really difficult to photograph. They appear to turn their backs as soon as the camera comes out!lol

Thanks Al! did yours colour up anymore? they are really difficult to photograph. They appear to turn their backs as soon as the camera comes out!lol

Lol exactly what mine does, prefers his buttocks to be shot instead.
Colour wise i only noticed the blue on his face was more prominant once he was settled and happy. Also the black line would sometimes appear much darker.

Coming along just fine mate! Lovely photos and the scape is evolving very nicely.

Nice fauna shots too. Where the gobies an impulse purchase or planned?

I didn't realise the new Tropica Ludwigia sp. "1" had such long leaves.... I was hoping they'd stay smaller/compact. It is the new Tropica Ludwigia isn't it?

How's your Ammania sp. 'Bonsai' doing?

Sorry for all the questions but you love them really! :)

I really like the new additions mate, really good photos too! The white brackets definitely look better as well, a really nice view from your chair on the FTS :)

Lol exactly what mine does, prefers his buttocks to be shot instead.
Colour wise i only noticed the blue on his face was more prominant once he was settled and happy. Also the black line would sometimes appear much darker.

Cheers for that al, he's been out most of the day today, which is pleasing me, as I thought they may be hiders. Got a couple of face shots today lol!

Coming along just fine mate! Lovely photos and the scape is evolving very nicely.

Nice fauna shots too. Where the gobies an impulse purchase or planned?

I didn't realise the new Tropica Ludwigia sp. "1" had such long leaves.... I was hoping they'd stay smaller/compact. It is the new Tropica Ludwigia isn't it?

How's your Ammania sp. 'Bonsai' doing?

Sorry for all the questions but you love them really! :)

Thank you George, questions are alway most welcome. The gobys were a bit of an impulse buy really. I have been to the qmc in notts this week, and nipped into wheatcroft garden centre on the way back, and picked em up. I have always wanted to keep a couple of these. I saw Nathan hill with them in his tank and fancied them. I also remember Andy h keeping them.

The ludwigia is actually Alternanthera 'Mini' oops, my bad. The amania is doing well, this is the second time with it now and it's always been quite hardy IMO. It takes to being hacked back really well as well.

Got a couple of face shots of the stiphodon.
8496211370_3d15d3a1bf_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

8496211280_fc492e0fc0_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Stunning tank Ian! That's style is something id love to replicate, I always get Carried away and turn my tanks into a bit of a jungle with way to many textures and plants, where as this is perfect, the right textures and the greens are just so damn green!!! Haha nice one mate

Stunning tank Ian! That's style is something id love to replicate, I always get Carried away and turn my tanks into a bit of a jungle with way to many textures and plants, where as this is perfect, the right textures and the greens are just so damn green!!! Haha nice one mate

Thank nayr, you scapes always look neat and tidy. One thing I have learnt with all the practice is to try and invisage how the plants actually turn out. Saying that, the scape never turns out how I think it's going to! Lol

Great photo's Ian and stunning tank!

Thank you Jon!

Back