• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dwarf Puffer Paradise Nano...

Very cool indeed and for the price I paid I was very very happy! The Mrs thinks they are cool too which had never ever been said about my hobby. Ever. So good so far. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Well if you've got the Mrs on board mate your on a winner,that's the hard bit now you can get on with looking after the tank(the slightly easier bit!)Cheers mark

Haha don't Mate lol. I'm trying to stay focussed lol. When u see me on here it means I'm procrastinating from my dissertation essay! MY aim is to fully Kit out a 450 with decent equipment so I'll focus on that for now cheers Tim.. Lol..

Imagine a 2 tank 450mm version of a triptych.. Not really sure what it's called when there are 2 not three.. 2 would be cool.. Butttttt I can't yet :(

Reactions: tim
They look healthy and coloured up nicely. They'll come out more when they settle in. Looks a nice little scape as well.

Lovely tank jack, i bet them puffers are loving it too :) I see you didn't use a heater? My tank temp is around 21C constantly with not much fluctuation, would puffers survive in this? I've also been looking at the fluval edge 25w heaters, nice little things.

Love the puffer fish, cute little things ha ha! So many great journals here it's taking a while to read through them! All three of your tanks are fantastic looking, well done mate!

Lovely tank jack, i bet them puffers are loving it too :) I see you didn't use a heater? My tank temp is around 21C constantly with not much fluctuation, would puffers survive in this? I've also been looking at the fluval edge 25w heaters, nice little things.
Well I'm far from being a puffer expert, I'm nowhere near but I don't see 21 degrees Being an issue, that's what mine Is on. I just ordered the Fluval mini Heater as a back up of course. Now I have it I may throw it in just to see. But the puffers seem happy so I'm going with nothing is wrong. Look forward to seeing what u decide to do. I have only had them 2 days and already find them fascinating !

Love the puffer fish, cute little things ha ha! So many great journals here it's taking a while to read through them! All three of your tanks are fantastic looking, well done mate!
Very kind of you Jon mate. I'm hoping to concentrate on just the one journal for now, I'm going to hurry my mate up with the NA replica cabinet so I can get my 450 cube built, that way I can house more puffers :)

Hi, dwarf puffers like a temp of 26 to 28 or at least that is what the dwarf puffer site says. Mine are kept at that and are very healthy. I don't think they should be kept without a heater.

Oh good, glad you are getting one. Don't like to think of cold puffs! I had one of those feeder cones but now they take them right off the end of my finger.. The male is mental and takes on anything put in the tank, the toothbrush gets attacked when I clean the glass and he'll go after my finger even when no blood worms on it. The female on the other hand is very tame and always interested what I'm doing...

Very kind of you Mate :) now another question for everyone.. I have seen that having shrimp with puffers is quite risky but what about amanos ? They are double the size of cherries for example and my baby puffers are less than the size of a 5p... I have seen tanks with amanos in so what's the deal? Try a couple?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I kept cherries with mine for a while mate, they were fine until I had a tank accident and had to move some bee shrimp in then the puffers got a taste for the shrimp, amanos would probably be ok but puffers don't need to be able to fit creatures in their mouth to kill it, they will nip and nip till its dead, just my experience with them mate ;)

Back