• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20cm cube.

wazuck

Ok I'm starting this journal now as I have some free time. I have just bought a 20cm cube which I'm intending to use as a shrimp tank.

Equipment:
20cm cube [X]
Boyu 150lph external [ ]
20cm heat mat [ ]
Arc pod 11w light [X]
Fluval 88g co2 [X]
Solenoid [ ]
Ada/ebi [X]
Rocks [ ]
Manzanita [X]

No idea on plants yet but small/fine plants for sure. I want to use HC but I'm not sure if the light is up to it?

Tank will be here next week so more to follow.

Looks like it's going to be a nice tank! :) I'm a bit crazy for nanos at the moment as I have recently set a 20 liter one. If you haven't already tried it, Staurogyne Repens is a really nice plant. I have a small carpet in my tank and I really like it!:D

Yes jack I'll take some as we agreed :) I'm also a fan of nanos. This 20cm is so small I feel starugyne will be too large. I've kept it before and really liked it tho. Will have to see what happens after the hardscape is In place tho.

Yes jack I'll take some as we agreed :) I'm also a fan of nanos. This 20cm is so small I feel starugyne will be too large. I've kept it before and really liked it tho. Will have to see what happens after the hardscape is In place tho.
I know it's a risk but why have plants at all? The only thing that appeals to me at that size would be Cuba.. But I guess dosing carbonated water in a 200mm cube would work perfectly well indeed.. What you recon? You wouldn't need to bother with gas and you could still pull off Cuba. I got heaps you can have when you're all set up.

What other plant would work?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes Cuba is defo a must at that size. How about dwarf riccia? Mini hair grass? Mini Xmas moss? There's plenty of plants out there that could work well with the scale. I already own a fluval co2 kit and at that size I don't feel the refills will too expensive. I'd probably forget to dose the carbonated water. If it is too expensive running 88g bottles then I will switch to it tho. I need to pick up my 9mm lily pipes for this tank i think :)

I will look up that plant when i get the chance, thanks. I've always been a nano fan myself. My only issue is one pot of plant will be more than enough for this size tank so I think I'll have a lot spare from each one even after planting extremely heavily. Should have an instant carpet. I think repens could work in the right place.

So I had a root through the manzy bag and pulled out all my <20cm pieces
bymamu9y.jpg

Hopefully they will work nicely with the tank.

Odd bits of Manzy but you can never tell how it'll look untill in the magic glass box haha

Will subscribe and watch closely :)

Don't worry about size of staury. It's a perfect plant for this size tank, we good flow co2 and light And of course ferts Yourll grow it no worries and then we some slick trimming it will make the scape so much better. Plenty of nanos use it. Think of it as a better looking Anubias for the leaf shape ;) haha

Give the rocks a miss and just use wood. I dare ya I dare ya haha

Back