• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dwarf Puffer Paradise Nano...

I'm not sure, of the two new ones I got both were male but one had markings like my existing male and the other was spotty. I've had mine somewhere between 12-18 months. The male is a good inch at least(never tried to measure!) the female a bit smaller. The male is built like a tank, if anything around an inch could be described as such. I rehomed the 2 new males or you could have had one of them. A group of females is likely to be more tranquil tho.
Just to get back to you on trying to identify what is male and female, thanks for your help to start with, this morning I was able to have a good proper look at them as three of were right at the front all grouped together. I noticed that two of the puffers had clear fin tails and one of the puffers had a very different yellowy fin tail. Now I dont know what this means, ill try and take a photo but of course will be hard to do so. Maybe one is just colouring up faster than the others...?

Heater and worm feeder cone arrived today, here are the photos of when I got them out of the box, the cone is a lot bigger than I thought lol but to be honest once its in the tank its pretty well hidden due to its clear plastic mould.. The fluval heater though, 10 out of 10 for build quality, feels very very sturdy indeed, almost feels like metal. on the back of the box there is an illustration of a hand smacking the heater with a hammer suggesting its hard as nails lol, dont worry I wont try this ;)

8505913823_d0d66d018d.jpg
2013-02-25 10.33.16Jack Dicker

8505914425_06b4a94cf2.jpg
2013-02-25 10.34.08Jack Dicker

8507024874_2d9b8a93b3.jpg
2013-02-25 10.35.28Jack Dicker

8507025494_ce99b0d74c.jpg
2013-02-25 10.35.46Jack Dicker

I tried to get some shots of the tank to show how I have put the heater and feeder cone in with out too much intrusiveness..

8507026770_6616ed9067.jpg
2013-02-25 10.44.26Jack Dicker

8505917297_94cbf9d975.jpg
2013-02-25 10.44.35Jack Dicker

They seemed very inquisitive indeed!

8505917841_419ec0a921.jpg
2013-02-25 10.44.50Jack Dicker

8505918451_270e46b8b9.jpg
2013-02-25 10.45.15Jack Dicker

Ill do my best to get some proper shots up soon, just thought I would share this. The fluval 25w heater was £15.00 off ebay and the feeder cone was £2.59 off ebay. So overal quite happy now I know that the puffers will be more healthy.

Pleased the heater came looks very smart Jack.Worm feeder usefull thing to control where the food is going in makes it easier to clean up left overs nice one.Cheers mark

Pleased the heater came looks very smart Jack.Worm feeder usefull thing to control where the food is going in makes it easier to clean up left overs nice one.Cheers mark
yes mate, ill drop half a cube of frozen food in the cone every 2 days and all I have to do is take the feeder out and give it a rinse then plop it back in so it definitely makes my life easier! I keep meaning to get a video of the LED shimmer on the tank, really like the effect. Will try later today.

Looks good jack, I have seen the heaters before and are bomb proof very slimline and well made, looks good, so does that cone make it easier to feed, and do fish enjoy it or just certain types etc ?

Looks great though I like it

Dean

Looks good jack, I have seen the heaters before and are bomb proof very slimline and well made, looks good, so does that cone make it easier to feed, and do fish enjoy it or just certain types etc ?

Well its still a struggle getting them to eat.. but I think they just need to know where it is.. They came straight to the cone when the food was in to check it and and pulled out a couple of bits but that was it. I guess the good thing is that the worms dont just fall to the bottom. I will however buy some live blood worms and drop them in the cone and hopefully the movement of the worms will attract the puffers a little more. Its all a learning curve :) but yes from what I have seen the cone is a great idea and is very cheap too. I guess any fish that like bloodworms would use the cone...

In the top pic your puffer is looking really empty, get some live bloodworms asap. Once they are clued up about blood worms they will take the frozen even off the floor. You will find you will have to watch how much they get soon as they would eat until they pop! Feed until the belly area is slightly rounded. Both my male and female have yellowing on the fins but the males is more striking. You might see some wrinkles colouring up soon tho. I would be pleased if I only had females tho as the males are violent wee gits.

looks great and i know what you mean rather than food rotting on aquarium floor least u can remove daily, souns like good idea, lovely pics again love the bottom one as i really like full aquarium pics :)

keep us updated
Dean

Can you tell me what that plant is in pics 4 & 5 please? looks quite nice! :)
Riccardia graeffei also known has coral or mini pellia!

looks great and i know what you mean rather than food rotting on aquarium floor least u can remove daily, souns like good idea, lovely pics again love the bottom one as i really like full aquarium pics
cheers dean, yeah its definitely easier than watching food rot at the back of the tank! lol i cant wait till I move this to my 450mm cube with the custom cabinet etc. will be a few months yet though of course lol

Can you tell me what that plant is in pics 4 & 5 please? looks quite nice!
Mini pelia! I bought a tiny tiny slither that was maybe half the size and its actually grown quite well indeed! and yeah I added two of the same photos ;) rookie mistake guys!

Yeah that Mini Pelia looks very nice! Do you dose CO2?
I am certainly not clued up on Echinodorus species but after having a quick look on the internet is it possibly an Echinodorus Ozelot? It looks quite small though so I'm not too sure!:)

Yeah I have had this about a year and it's not growing any bigger so but sure. I dose liquid carbon and Fertz daily :) 2ml of each every day and 35 percent water change every 3 days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back