• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

reactor on an intake?

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hey all, back from my hols and now need to think about the new set up. While i was gone my new filter was delivered... a total monster of an eheim 2080, had no idea it was soooo massive, cant see any flow issues this time round! So as this has 2 intakes i was wondering if anyone has tried running a reactor on an inlet?? I dont foresee a problem with this as long as the inflow is good but was wondering if anyone had tried this?
cheers

The reactor will get dirty more quickly and any resultant blockages will likely cause cavitation or other issues with the pump. Not a good policy generally. It's generally better to mount devices on the pressure side of the pump.

Cheers,

I run 2 2080 filters on my 5 ft tank with am1000 reactors on each outlet, flow is reduced a little, and I have taken the bio balls out of the reactors

The reactor will get dirty more quickly and any resultant blockages will likely cause cavitation or other issues with the pump. Not a good policy generally. It's generally better to mount devices on the pressure side of the pump.

Cheers,
Of course, glad i asked now. Ill put it down to jet lag lol
thanks clive.

What sort of reactor?

AM1000. I know they get mixed reviews but thought id give it a go....

I run 2 2080 filters on my 5 ft tank with am1000 reactors on each outlet, flow is reduced a little, and I have taken the bio balls out of the reactors

Hey freelander, i am hoping to run it empty also but may end up adding some alfagrog if needed.

welcome back mate. Hope it was a good one. Agree with clive i woud use it on the outlet. they chuck enough flow out as they are. Awesome filters

outlet it is then Al. It certainly looks the part... combined with the steel NA pipes it should do the job :)

thanks all.

Back