• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UK Shops for the Planted Tank Hobbyist

i stock aquafluer plants @ maidenhead aquatcics @ Bracknell and looking to make the plants better this year and more selection . seen a lot of nice tanks on here and going to be moving one of the tanks around at work and aquascaping it again. best time to come for are plants is thursday on wards as we get ares delivered wednesday afternoon

i stock aquafluer plants @ maidenhead aquatcics @ Bracknell and looking to make the plants better this year and more selection . seen a lot of nice tanks on here and going to be moving one of the tanks around at work and aquascaping it again. best time to come for are plants is thursday on wards as we get ares delivered wednesday afternoon

How long do the plants last in your selling tanks, do you supply nutrients and Co2 when they are in there. Do potted plants last longer than stems in bunches when in these tanks?

How long do the plants last in your selling tanks, do you supply nutrients and Co2 when they are in there. Do potted plants last longer than stems in bunches when in these tanks?
um some weeks there all gone in a week (sold) but some there can be there for couple of weeks. both the pots and bunches seem to be doing alot better in these new tanks . potted side has massive external filter on it and both got a heater in them to keep the heat up at 25 - 26 . i some times give them some liquid co2 and 20% water changes . potted plants also has a few fish in it some loach, shrimp , rainbows and panchex loach seem to be eating all the snails that come in lol .

hope this helps your questions :) ill upload a picture in a bit of the tank

abit murky as just put sand in when id taken the photo . its all clear now :)
IMG_1168_zps97b19db7.jpg

and potted plants .
IMG_1207_zpsf99b6653.jpg

Living Waters in Croydon. I'm a bit far away but they are guys I get my plants mailed from. Finally got some Cryptocoryne Retrospirallis from Darren, I don't think anyone else in the UK will be able to get half the plants they regularly bring in, they are connected to all the world plant suppliers, not tied to any brand, just quality plants from the best sources time n again. Darren is up to date with all the latest species / varieties flying around and will be able to suggest (and sometimes throws in a few freebies to tempt you) different plants to add and compliment your scape. Give them an email with your wishlist for your scape and see how cheap it'll come in, quality and attention to detail assured.

Chiltern aquatics - Bedfordshire had a reasonable selection of plant and the staff were good too.
Maidenhead aquatics in St Albans have a good selection and
Whole sale Tropical aquatics in Bethnal Green had a few different plants I hadn't seen before and lots of unusual fish not found in your local fish shop, prices seemed good also.

I went to The Aquatic Design Centre last night for the first time based on recommendation from UKAPS, very nice shop indeed and nice and central with opening hours til 8pm mon-thurs.

And I wish I had never seen the ADA rimless tanks :(

Cheers guys for the great forum btw

Paddock farm have a decent selection of tropica plants, ferts and substrates along with other brands like TMC and easylife. They also have quite a bit of redmoor and have a few planted display tanks. They stock mother plants too which is a rarity.

I went to The Aquatic Design Centre last night for the first time based on recommendation from UKAPS, very nice shop indeed and nice and central with opening hours til 8pm mon-thurs.

And I wish I had never seen the ADA rimless tanks :(

Cheers guys for the great forum btw

V.good shop for those that don't drive.
Their plants usually came in late Thursday so I usually pop down after work or Friday evening.

Good selection and in recent months have really given the store a good clean. The dedicated plant section is soooo clean!

Paddock farm have a decent selection of tropica plants, ferts and substrates along with other brands like TMC and easylife. They also have quite a bit of redmoor and have a few planted display tanks. They stock mother plants too which is a rarity.
I visit here quite regularly.
They have just had a refurb and rearrange of their tropical room and are having an open day saturday 2nd March with some discounts on the day :)
Recently it has been a little hit and miss, most likely due to the alterations, but hopefully they will be back into the swing of things and fully stocked with quality plants from now on......fingers crossed, as locally there is limited supply.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Adc is unreal!!
My local shop since I started the hobby, was buying Tropica plants even before I knew what it meant to have a Tropica plant, only found that out after joining UKAPS ;)

Wish I didn't have to pay a 22.50 travel card before going there. I can only really attend when I'm working local

Wish I didn't have to pay a 22.50 travel card before going there. I can only really attend when I'm working local
Shame!! its just a quick detour on my way home from work ;)

Shame!! its just a quick detour on my way home from work ;)
Ahhh mate!! Well it's good for my wallet I guess I don't live too close I guess. It makes it all the better when I work local to treat myself to a little purchase.

I only work around the corner and have to stop myself visiting at lunch and after work.
I'm sure the locals already know my face.

Ripples Waterlife. Stock tropica plants and 1-2 grow pots. They also stock seachem range of products and good selection of aquascaping rocks and substrates.

Can't comment on their other branches but the flagship store at Bridgemere gardenworld is really good. Got some really helpful advice from the staff and best plants I have seen.

Fish shop with plants in west yorkshire that have the most plants are tong garden centre usually have a reasonable amount of plants but seriously lack equipment
Qss koi at bradford have quite a few plants but call first to check stock also pets at home in bradford seem to have a few. Theese 3 shops are about 3 miles apart on outskirts of bradford so can be visited in 1 trip
Another shop is calder valley aquatics at sowerby bridge this is my favorite fishshop but only have a good selection when they have delivery so again call first and check stock
All other fishshops in area i've visited have very few plants
I have also had hitchhiking snails from all bradford shops so plants need treating just in case

Back