• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua Qube 25

ziggy_909

Hi
i have a Nano tank and i don't know the internal filter flow rate...
it is one of those cheap 25 liter tanks, i like the tank but hate the internal filter....it is called on the litreature an AQUA-QUBE 25 (it is the tank that pfk mag gave away once with a subscription).

i am looking to upgrade to an external filter for this tank, so if anybody knows the flow rate i would appreciate it....

i have a 200 lph external filter in mind.. a cheap version of the Eden 501

ziggy_909 said:
Hi
i have a Nano tank and i don't know the internal filter flow rate...
it is one of those cheap 25 liter tanks, i like the tank but hate the internal filter....it is called on the litreature an AQUA-QUBE 25 (it is the tank that pfk mag gave away once with a subscription).

i am looking to upgrade to an external filter for this tank, so if anybody knows the flow rate i would appreciate it....

i have a 200 lph external filter in mind.. a cheap version of the Eden 501

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the turnover of the current filter? To be honest if you don't like it and want to change it why do you need to know?!!!!! :?

The flow rate of the tank ideally needs to be around 10 times the tank's volume, but for Nano tanks it's better to go higher than this. so I'd be looking for something around 250 to 300lph personally. You could also go higher than this and always turn the filter down if the flow was too high as well. I'd just get a small Fluval, Ehiem or other brand.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the turnover of the current filter? To be honest if you don't like it and want to change it why do you need to know?!!!!! :?

yes sorry, the current internal filter...there is no point upgrading to an external filter with the same flow rate or less flow rate

ziggy_909 said:

yes sorry, the current internal filter...there is no point upgrading to an external filter with the same flow rate or less flow rate

Well IMO there is! Even an external of equivalent turnover would have a much higher media capacity and allow you to have a range of different media too. Not to mention it getting more gear out of the tank.

I don't know exactly what turnover that filter is but I'm using mine now alongside an Ehiem Aquaball in a 3ft tank with blockheads in and it's a puny little thing!!! I wouldn't rate it much more than 100lph at a very crude guess. I'm thinking of setting my cube back up again and if I do I'll be using my old Fluval 203 filter on it.

hi cheers for the reply ... i was thinking the increased media capacity would help to create clearer water as on the third day after water change the sponge gets a bit full and the water gets a bit mirky resulting in dusty plants... the tank is a bit rammed with plant growth due to ei dosing.. gonna try a cheap Eden 501 ebay knock off...

Back