• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants that grow well on rocks

markj

Hi what are good plants that will cover rock work

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

I'm no expert, but really it is mosses, Monoselenium, Microsorium, Bolbitis or Anubias. If you are injecting CO2 then Riccia can be grown attached to things.
Monoselenium is really easy and prolific, covers a multitude of sins etc. Microsorium is easy. I've just acqiured a bit of Bolbitis, so we will see how that does.
The various forms of Anubias grow attached to things like rock or wood. Anubias nana 'petite' should be available in your nearest Pets at Home or fish shop. The other species are mostly mail order and are fairly expensive, more than a tenner per plant say.
Does this help ?
Cheers
David

Cheers dave

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Hygro pinnatifida also grows on rocks but at a later stage once it is fully established in the tank

You can also stick plants like HC and Pogostemon helferi on lava stones with little effort. I don't think they will do so well on smoother rocks, though.

See also: Tropica Aquarium Plants
I haven't tried all those, though, so I can't say how well they do.

Back