• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Green&Grey" (300l) - Last day video

Pedro Rosa

Well... no words just a request for suggestions... 120 cm... this is the aquarium from the old "Valley Roots"

I'm an humble guy accepting suggestions ;)

Layout Test:
(just for tests, i'll put power sand below the substrate before filling and planting)

gg-20130313-01.jpg

The place for the aquarium:
gg-20130313-02.jpg

gg-20130313-03.jpg

Pedro.

Wow!
My only suggestion is hurry up and get this planted! :)
Guessing your using the HM for a fraction more plant height? The two species will work nicely together, nice contrasting leaf formations, but each maintaining a good sense of scale to match the hardscaping.
Are you journaling this one too?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Wow! great design and it will look amazing when planted. The only thing I noticed is that the four rocks on the back left all seem the same size and on the same slope in the back left. not that this is a problem as some are pointing in different directions so it breaks them up ok.

Looking forward to more pics :)

:crazy:WOW. Dont know what to say :D Brilliant scape.
Ps. What Background you use ??

Thanks for your nice words,

Ady, i thought to do the journal after the setup, but maybe i should ask for an Administrator to change it to right place and keep this posts on the Journal itself.

Stu, yes, the third stone is a problem because i couldn't find a bigger rock - actually that rock are three rocks :)
I think i will not find it until the weekend but i'll take a look.

Dorian, i'm using a white vinyl in the background.

Paulo, they are Seiryu stones. Not an original rock in planted aquariums but still a nice rock.
What we do for our aquariums!!! Buying "rocks" :)

Paulo, they are Seiryu stones.
Thought they were, seiryu or mini landscape is the same thing ;)
Looking forward to this one, problem is always finding good rocks!

Three or four hours after getting all the stuff out of the aquarium... putting down Ada Powersand and some other products, remounting everything and finally putting Aquasoil Powder...
I know that you're goind to say that it was better before :D
All differences are with red circles.
The rocks in front / left side are also a little different and with more space from the other behind.. i'm going to plant sp. mini so plants will not be very high.

gg-20130315-01.jpg

The one from three days ago:

gg-20130313-01.jpg

Maybe i can change the middle red circle rock a little bit.

I must admit, I do prefer the original.
The largest circled rock now seems to draw the eye too much now it is raised more. I prefered it slightly lower in that formation at the rear. Maybe it's just the contrast/shadow that draws the eye so much and leaning it back a fraction may change that?
I also liked the arrangement of the left front rocks in the original. They were positioned a little less horizontally which helped add a bit of tension and also in following the overall lines of the scape both on the left and right hand side.
I'm sure you could tweak it if you wanted too, either way its a fantastic layout and it is only my opinion and yours counts much more than mine :) when you plant it it will change things considerably.......I'm looking forward to it, have your plants arrived?
Cheerio,
Ady.

I must admit, I do prefer the original.
The largest circled rock now seems to draw the eye too much now it is raised more. I prefered it slightly lower in that formation at the rear. Maybe it's just the contrast/shadow that draws the eye so much and leaning it back a fraction may change that?
I also liked the arrangement of the left front rocks in the original. They were positioned a little less horizontally which helped add a bit of tension and also in following the overall lines of the scape both on the left and right hand side.
I'm sure you could tweak it if you wanted too, either way its a fantastic layout and it is only my opinion and yours counts much more than mine :) when you plant it it will change things considerably.......I'm looking forward to it, have your plants arrived?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady, thank you very much.
About the large circled rock, i thought about that: drawing too much attention. What i can tell you is that if this was a layout for a contest (photo), i had to do something about it, because on the photo it gives that idea but looking at it directly it looks a bit different. I'll look into it but i don't know if i could do something better.
About the front rocks you're totally right. I had the same comment on a portuguese forum and when i ended last night that was the worst part of the layout to me. Will do something about it certainly.

I'll get the plants today and post an update lately :)

Great layout. I'm watching. :)

George, what can i tell you... you've don the best Iwagumi I ever saw in my life. Reading that from you gives me an enormous responsibility :)

on the photo it gives that idea but looking at it directly it looks a bit different.
yeah sometimes photos are deceptive that way and you can only truly appreciate it in the flesh.....luckily for me my photography is poor so it normally helps by hiding a multitude of my scaping sins ;) I feel quite bad critiquing scapes like this as it is on a much higher level than i can currently achieve. I only suggest alterations based on my own eye and preference, perhaps not what is technically correct, or visually nicer to the creator. It is a very nice hardscape.

About the front rocks you're totally right. I had the same comment on a portuguese forum and when i ended last night that was the worst part of the layout to me. Will do something about it certainly.
it wasnt me ;)
At least im not spouting total rubbish anyway, it only needs minor adjustment, a couple of tiny twists :)

'll get the plants today and post an update lately
im genuinely excited about this.....look forward to the updates.

Cheerio,
Ady.

yeah sometimes photos are deceptive that way and you can only truly appreciate it in the flesh.....luckily for me my photography is poor so it normally helps by hiding a multitude of my scaping sins ;) I feel quite bad critiquing scapes like this as it is on a much higher level than i can currently achieve. I only suggest alterations based on my own eye and preference, perhaps not what is technically correct, or visually nicer to the creator. It is a very nice hardscape.

It's easier to comment on other :) I'm not in psychology but it's always like that.

For me still V1 looks the best but try swap these two around like LondonDragon said.

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion Paulo and Dorian. I tried that and didn't like it :(

I have some images from yestarday and one from today.
I'm missing the Setup but will write it on the following days :)

Heater is on a temp position. I think that I'll buy a external one.
It's everything like it should be altought there is a great inclination on the substrate. Aqua Soil Powder helped a lot!
Water filled up nicely - no "destruction".
Sp. Mini was "nice" to plant :what: (8x). HM was easier (3x).

I had help from a friend keeping plants wet (i whink he is also on UKAPS - brancaman).

I taped everything. Give me some days for making a nice video.

We'll... here i go...

Dia 0 - After finishing planting - water still "white"
gg-day0-0.jpg

Dia 1 - Clear water
gg-day1-0.jpg

Back to Dia 0 with some details...
gg-day0-2.jpg

gg-day0-3.jpg

gg-day0-4.jpg

gg-day0-7.jpg

gg-day0-5.jpg

gg-day0-6.jpg