• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60F iwagumi

Any one else have a reg that fluctuates slightly got it set at 2.5 bar but goes up an down slightly and bubbles slow then speed up, might turn pressure down but think will still do same anyone else's do that ?

Thanks Dean

Thanks for the link foxfish checked for leaks and non found so will investigate further tomorro, also ill post a pic tomorro, found a small film ontop of the water (oil like) i use 20l coolant containers that i have washed out over and over again so dont think its that any ideas ? also lots of the bunches of hair grass have a black hair like algie in so hopefully clears up, think going to give tank a good clean tomorro , clean rocks and level some parts of substrate and give glass a clean with cloth, dont think will have to clean filter yet will i :confused: only been a week, also might give the lilly pipes a little wipe

also dropping the water changes to every other day after tomorro when would you recomend dropping the lights slightly and increasing the photoperiod

Thanks Dean

Thought would show some night pics with my ikea lamp, also cleaned lass and rocks with toothbrush
dscn0693u.jpg

dscn0692h.jpg

dscn0691ij.jpg

not much growing progress and regulator still fluctuating but will sort this week defently no leaks though as checked so not really sure what to check, also any answers on post above.

thanks Dean

Looking really nice mate.. With just a small light you get a load more character :)
Thanks mate that light I have seen on other journals and looks great for for a tenna,

Anyone any idea about the oil like film on water surface and black hair like algie in the hair grass or is it just because brand new set up hopefully will disappear , also when would you recommend cleaning filter out ?

Checked for leaks on atomiser or reg and non found and still jumping about might disconnect bubble counter see if changes

Any help or comments welcome
Thanks Dean

Thanks mate that light I have seen on other journals and looks great for for a tenna,

Anyone any idea about the oil like film on water surface and black hair like algie in the hair grass or is it just because brand new set up hopefully will disappear , also when would you recommend cleaning filter out ?

Checked for leaks on atomiser or reg and non found and still jumping about might disconnect bubble counter see if changes

Any help or comments welcome
Thanks Dean

also hed the co2 apart tonight and my plastic nut cracked on bubble counter but superglued it and ok ;) even with nothing connected to the regulator it still fluctuates and no leaks coming from reg anywere, when i turn the bubble rate up its fine but i mean right up stream of bubbles, also founf bubbles slowing and building pressure stopping the flow at 2 bar turned up to 2.5 and moved fine pressure was too low but stil fluctuating anyway.

Dean

Lol bubble counter working now just the regulator issue getting on my nerves, set at about 2.5 bar and moves from 2 to 2.5 bar so bubbles speed and slow all the time but of turn bubbles up high it doesn't do that lol I can live with it but a bit annoying might post question on co2 section, thanks for help Tim and I know I hate fiddling with plastic I am too heavy handed

Dean

Don't get to focused on the drop checker and slight fluctuations. Monitor the plants and hardscape, these will tell you soon enough, is you don't have enough c02. Tbh, they probably would have shown signs of algaes already if this was a problem.

Thanks Ian the plants do have dark hair like algie in middle of some of the bunches and the grass not separated, also it's the regulator pressure that's fluctuating up and down all the time so bubbles speed and slow down but not to bothered, when would you recommend upping photo period and how often should I clean out my filter ? Help been great thanks

Dean

few update pics think starting to see growth after the middle of week 2
dscn0702y.jpg

still find black algie in bunches of the hair grass and it is as one solid lump of grass and doesnt open into individual strands will this clear up ?

dscn0701os.jpg

nice lime green drop checker

dscn0700fx.jpg

after the 2nd week should i change to water changes every 3-4 days as doing every other day this week ?
also how often should i clean out filter ?

Thanks Dean

If it is not a problem for you, you can do as many water changes as you like or in other words the more the merrier!
If doing water changes is an issue for you them just do as many as you can!
Re the filter,I dont know how you have it set up but, I clean my mechanical sponge every week or every other week but be very wary of cleaning the bio media!!
I only occasionally rinse the media, I do this by tipping the media into my water change bucket while it is full of aquarium water during a water change.
Bare in mind some folk dont clean the bio media for years!

Thanks for reply It has a basket of balls then a basket of cylinder shaped small pieces think that's the bio and then a blue mesh sponge in middle and white one on top, so think this weekend I will clean the sponges but leave the rest, just rinse and squeeze out in the water change water does that sound ok ? Will I need to bleed off every time ?

Will keep water changes the every 2-3 days then
Any idea about the black hair like algie ? You think just teething problems at first and will clear up

Dean

Black hair algae is exacerbated by low or fluctuating CO2. Either you're not running enough c02, I have always found that doing water changes with the lights on cause a little bba as well, even though this is an injected tank.

Looking god btw, that grass is taking its time to get going!

Black hair algae is exacerbated by low or fluctuating CO2. Either you're not running enough c02, I have always found that doing water changes with the lights on cause a little bba as well, even though this is an injected tank.

Looking god btw, that grass is taking its time to get going!
Why is this Ian ? Why do you get it during water changes?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It's due to that saturation of O2 in the water which will ruin the equilibrium of c02 in the water. When the lights are on obviously photosynthasis is taking place, so the c02 you need in the water becomes reduced. This is where you get fluctuations and this will exacerbate bba. Granted, it happens to a greater extent in non injected tanks, but ime it does happen in injected tanks if you chance the water regularly with the lights on. I personally change water before the c02 comes on and (touch wood), don't have any problems.

I change the water after lights out but will the co2 all come out when change 50% water ? Also would you recommend extending my lights time , or photoperiod

Thanks dean

this is interesting, you saying its more likely to happen with low-tech tanks? I have always done water changes with lights on. I never really thought about this? But I have never experienced this problem in 2 years. is there something Im doing that counteracts this?

Back