• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureBoy's "Back Before TeaTime"...

Hey, lovely selection of plants you have! Where did you get the retrospiralis? I've been searching for months.... Found some in Germany but shipping was silly money.
Cheers
Cheers, I got the retrospiralis from Living Waters in Croydon...it took a lot of perseverance on the part of Darren to source them but he did so from a Thai supplier eventually, I was waiting for maybe 8 months or so! They truly are worth the hunt though, reasonably slow growing but lovely colours and texture on the leaves, elegant. They were £1.95 per plant and postage a couple of quid. Give them a call!

Love the height you got with the planting. Really nice mixture and colours look superb.
Cheers

I'll dig out some hardscape photos to show the steepness I wanted to achieve with this scape, basically I wanted to try using a heavy heavy clay top soil, something you could almost sculpt with. A few tests of local samples and I found one that seemed to do everything I wanted in glass jars - could be used basically vertically. I'll dig out the pics later. I'm very happy with it and liked the way you can really bed the wood into it and make a very natrual fusion. I was almost going to call this scape "stuck in the mud"! Other benefits are - free, loaded with trace nutrients, full of bacteria, good CEC.

Hi all

Thought I'd put a couple of more recent pics of the evolution of the scape, really changes loads, almost just the hardscape and perspective that remains the same
IMG_8151_zps7d18cd02.jpg

IMG_8156_zps0aa74c31.jpg

Back