• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Desk lamp bulb for aquarium AND accurate colour rendition for monitor!

PM

Hi guys,

I am looking for a screw-in bulb for my desk lamp to work as a light for my ADA Mini M, and as a desk light.

I have just noticed that many of my colour adjustments in photoshop are off (yellowish) due to all of the warm lighting in my room. So I want a 6500K bulb, (not 8000K or 5800K or whatever).

Also needs to be the right strength for low tech on this tank being about 8 inches from the water surface.

Anyone recommend anything? I have an ikea LED one in there which I love but it is too warm.

Thanks ;)

Not sure, states 6500-7000K. Would rather it was 6500K exactly. Looks mad with all those LEDs!

A single LED would be my preference, second is an energy saving type. The problem I have is what power. My Ikea LED says 8.1W 400 Lumens.

Also it's E27

EDIT: Ah, have denoted that I want 11w for energy saving type and about 8-9w for LED. This would be equivalent to 60w traditional bulb.

I think with the monitor thing, if you're doing colour critical stuff and the light temperature is changing throughout the day then it might be worth investing in one of the monitor calibration tools with an ambient light sensor.

Or you could borrow one and just have a couple of different profiles that you switch between for daytime and evening, perhaps.

Hi all, thanks.

It's not super critical work, but I did notice that I was making things far too warm, so a daylight bulb should help a lot.

I ended up ordering this one Pro-Lite 11w Energy Saving Bulb ES Cap Daylight Spiral T2JD# | eBay

11watt and 6400K & decent CRI. Should help and not overpower the tank too much. Will update with a pic when I get it in my journal. Found out the one I have is 2700K. Lunacy!

Paul

Back