• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to maintain a pristine white sandy foreground

faizal

Hi. The sand like aquarium gravel that i recentely purchased is absolutely white. They are a bit coarse. Each grain roughly measures about 2-3mm in diameter.

I had a read through about how to maintain the sandy foreground area in the tutorials section,...but just needed to know if there are any other factors one might need to consider or do in maintaining a nice white sandy foreground in the tank.

I keep reading how it might sometimes turn a bit brownish after awhile but is this due to poor maintanence on our part or is it inevitable. Does lighting intensity play a role too?

I also saw Mark's cool video on foreground substrate vacuuming. The first impression was " Good lord,...what a perfectionist!!!":)

So any ideas or personal experiences with regards to maintaining a pristine white sandy foreground are most welcome.:)
Cheers.

Thanks George :) . Could you be kind enough to elaborate on what you mean by "little & often maintenance" please? Do you mean regular gravel vacuuming like how Mark shows us in his video?

Back